SW Pullley's - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

SW Pullley's

I bought the SW pulley's the front one squealed terribly due to the belt I was told. Installed the Baron's front, much better..The rear SW pulley wore unusually quick, I returned it to be hardened and re-worked. That was almost a year ago and it still isn't back. You can form your own opinion...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM

SW pulley

I must have been one of the lucky ones. Never had any squealing, had it for two season now, best upgrade I made on bike to date. Did the pulley, oversize rear tire. Was considering back pulley too, but leery of pressing my luck as I love it now, not sure how much better it could get?

2009 Black Classic

Mustang Seat w/Backrest
Cobra Standard Backrest with Luggage Rack
Smoke Slipstreamer Windshield
Lindby Multibar Engine Guards
Homemade Lowers
Wally World Running Lights
Stebel Air Horn
Vista Cruise Control
Scootworks Front OD Pulley
Stage 2 Debaffle Stock Pipes
170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire
Kury Run/Turn/Brake module
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

SW Pulley's

I was told it was the material in the belt that was not compatible with the pulley. I believe this is true because The Baron's front pulley looks and feels much better to me, it is steel vs. Alum.. I have the front pulley which moves the wheel forward about and inch. With just the front pulley what tire did you use and how was the fit? I know the rear pulley moves the wheel position back an inch or so making an oversized tire easier to fit....

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

I see the tire you used, I meant to ask how the clearance was with the front pulley etc.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

According to my math, which is terrible like 5/4ths of all people don't understand fractions type math, but if I am close the pulley's drop the rpm's about 400 plus. I do believe the rpm's at 75 stock are 4300. If this is not correct help me out here.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM

pulley %

Sage: Do a search on here, someone already did the figuring for pulley RPM's, much talked about that it isn't worth it, doesn't make much difference. All I know it made a world of difference for me, makes it much more comfortable riding at 55, 60 and above. I don't have a tach and maybe it's all in my head but I believe the pulley and rear tire helps, I love it.

2009 Black Classic

Mustang Seat w/Backrest
Cobra Standard Backrest with Luggage Rack
Smoke Slipstreamer Windshield
Lindby Multibar Engine Guards
Homemade Lowers
Wally World Running Lights
Stebel Air Horn
Vista Cruise Control
Scootworks Front OD Pulley
Stage 2 Debaffle Stock Pipes
170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire
Kury Run/Turn/Brake module
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Over Drive Pulley 900 vul.

I have read that info somewhere. I like mine as well, but I ride with some Goomers who take long rides 5-6 days and they all ride big bore bikes. I fit in well until 75- up then I get buzzy. If not for this I wouldn't bother with it. Why not buy a larger bike one might ask? I like what I have, it fits me perfectly and I have it set up for road riding....Some big bikes only have 4 gal tanks and that is no good 150 to 160 miles can be a problem out in open country. If I have to I can go 225 mi. as is....I am too old to sink 20,000 dollars in a bike for a year or two's riding I am old and retired....Harley's above 2007 have six gal. tank and a six speed....very nice but tooooooo expensive for me and my situation...I have ridden my Kawa all over the United States......It is what it is...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM

I had the front pulley and belt squealed and the pulley wore out - literally just about collapsed. Sent back to SW for replacement but ran into their customer service demon and ended up swapping the front for the rear pulley (170-80 tire) and cash difference. Most of my miles are open road. I may do both some day. Don't know what SW is doing with their customer service as of late. I would rather be told up front of production problems than lied to.
Like most have said - it should have come from the factory like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmer140 View Post
I must have been one of the lucky ones. Never had any squealing, had it for two season now, best upgrade I made on bike to date. Did the pulley, oversize rear tire. Was considering back pulley too, but leery of pressing my luck as I love it now, not sure how much better it could get?
Ditto... Have both front & rear SW pulleys, no squeal, no wear difference on the rear pulley. Will be checking the front pulley when my rear tire is replaced. I have had them now for a year and approx 6000 miles. I understand when I bought mine they had changed the alloy and are much harder material. Still using stock belt as well.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM

SW Pullley's

Has anyone looked into, or know anyone using the Barons rear pulley? I'm interested in buying it, but feedback is always good, especially with a new product. Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode