more air and noise de baffle pipes ? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

more air and noise de baffle pipes ?

i have a la choppers big air kit and a cobra fi2000r already fitted and like the look of my black stock pipes on my custom se my question is weather or not to debaffle or do i need to get new pipes. i want a little more noise and also think i may need to debaffle inn-order to open the pipes up to get the benefit of the new air kit would this help ? are they restricting the air flow now ? i know i would get more noise if i debaffle but would it also improve performance ? i have never done anything like this before but have read the threads and am willing to give it a go but don't want to waste my time if i am not going to get the results i am looking for as i said i do like the stock pipes so would rather keep them if i can any advice would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I have fully debaffled pipes (love the tone & noise level, don't think it's too load), ArlenNess Big Air Sucker, Cobra PowrPro, and removed the secondary butterflies. I did these in stages starting with 1) debaffled pipes, 2) Air Kit & Fuel Mgmt, 3) Butterflies. Noticed the performance improvement once I added the air kit & fuel mgmt. The butterflies improved throttle response.

Doing the debaffle I believe you'll see the performance your air kit & fuel mgmt will deliver.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM

what is removing the butterflies?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
the butterflies he might be referring to are the secondary butterflies located right behind the air filter. it allows for a quicker throttle response. or so ive been told

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VROC Number: 35103
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnba6 View Post
the butterflies he might be referring to are the secondary butterflies located right behind the air filter. it allows for a quicker throttle response. or so ive been told
Correct. They are easy to remove (two screws). I noticed the difference in throttle response immediately.

2010 900 Classic
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

thanks bosco i think i might go for it and while i am their take the butterflies out as well and see what its like if dont like it i can still get some aftermarket pipes i like the vance and hines slash cuts anyway would you also marble with the debaffling with this set up or just leave it ?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra 1 View Post
thanks bosco i think i might go for it and while i am their take the butterflies out as well and see what its like if dont like it i can still get some aftermarket pipes i like the vance and hines slash cuts anyway would you also marble with the debaffling with this set up or just leave it ?
I did the marble mod to reduce the back fire and it does help. Another simple 10 minute mod.

2010 900 Classic
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
can somebody post a link to the marble mod. i get backfiring on a full stock setup.

VROC Number: 35103
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode