Thoughts on theExtended Waranty? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
WoodMath

Thoughts on theExtended Waranty?

My '08 900 vulcan Classic is reaching its one year anniversary. To mark that occasion Kawasaki sent me the standard printed form regarding an extended warranty.

Has anybody purchased such a warranty? Has anyone not purchased such a warranty and a latter point wish they did?

Usually these extended warranties are a waist of money (at least with automobiles) since the cost of warranties far exceeds the *expected cost* of repairs.

*Where expected cost is not just the dollar amount, but the liklihood of needing a repair so cost being constant, less likely repairs lead to a lower expected cost.

And yes, I can actually assign a dollar amount, based on the liklihood of having a repair and still ensure a profit. Someone ask me how if you are otherwise bored.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

This is my third summer with my 07 900 Custom. I purchased the extended warranty and have only used it once and that was for a leaking oil seal on my front forks. Other than that my bike has 20,000 KM on it and has been great. Hind sight being 20/20, I should have passed, but it gives you peace of mind especially with the Road Side Protection that comes with it.

2010 Nomad
2007 900 Custom
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

I bought it with the one I bought used. I bought an 07 custom...had 2600 miles on it. I bought the 3 year extended for like $340 or something...given that I didnt purchase it...and my luck..if I hadn't bought it....somethin would have gone wrong. Now that I have it? Nothing will go wrong.....

It's really a personal preference thing I'd imagine....

I bought an extended warranty with my Cadillac.....and it paid for itself in less than 6 months with ONE problem......they fixed it free...but IF I hadn't had it?? Shewwwww...It'd have been a nice penny.....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:29 PM

I had the same thing with my Pontiac Montana. The extended warranty saved me a pile of money. So if you buy a GM, you should buy as much warranty as possible. The quality of a Kawasaki is a little different. Peace of Mind - buy the warranty. Reality - you're probably safe, but probably is the key word.

2010 Nomad
2007 900 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode