Cobra Fi2000r or Dobeck TFi 2054ST - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Cobra Fi2000r or Dobeck TFi 2054ST

Wanted to ask for some thoughts. I want to add a Fuel Processor to my 06 Vulcan 900. It has Cobra pipes and a K&N drop in replacement for the stock filter. Which fuel processor would you go with, the Cobra or the Dobeck? I like the Cobra, but the Dobeck looks like it does more for the same $$.

Thanks!!
Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichm03 View Post
Wanted to ask for some thoughts. I want to add a Fuel Processor to my 06 Vulcan 900. It has Cobra pipes and a K&N drop in replacement for the stock filter. Which fuel processor would you go with, the Cobra or the Dobeck? I like the Cobra, but the Dobeck looks like it does more for the same $$.

Thanks!!
Brandon
I had the Dobek and really liked it. If you are a vet they offer a nice discount

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 03:34 PM

fuel processors

I have an 07 classic with hardkrome 2.5" American classics and stock air box. really loud. made some adjustable (restriction wise) baffles and fine tuned them for the best torque/sound balance. runs better, sounds better. after studying the air intake route, I can see I have to open it up. thunder kit with stock cover? I guess I will then need a processor. after much research, I believe I will order a gen 3 dobeck. I like the idea of being able to fine tune it easily and w/o a computer. keep it simple. also figure that if the owner and engineer at dp used to be the owner and engineer at dyna-jet, they probably have a good knowledge of their product. I also like the warranty. look it up on youtube.
anyone running a gen 3 on a 1600? results? settings? thanks
update..... just ordered BAK off e-bay for a $100 discount cause the packaging was messed up. new product. wanted the thunder air kit and use my stock cover but the price is comparable to BAK. and the BAK kit included reed valve block offs.

1600 classic. bags, hardkrome american classics, BAK, dobeck gen 3

Last edited by bullet; 05-11-2015 at 04:58 AM. Reason: update

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Top Contributor

Believe me this is the last thing I wanted to do, but I have now had 3 different fuel processors hooked to my bike. The grass just kept looking greener on the other side. I have finally settled on the cobra FI2000 Power Pro. Yes it costs 3x as much as some of the others, but it IS worth it. I had to adjust it a little to get it perfect, but its so much better than all the others its not even funny. Between the two your considering I would choose the FI2000r but I have not tried the Dobeck. If you get the cobra set it to 2-2-1 and hope for the best. Don't forget to do the marble mod.

2009 Ninja 650 - SOLD
2013 Daytona 675 - SOLD
2013 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 AM
Living The Dream

Garage
Cobra PowerPro with auto tune all day. It will accommodate itself (80 times a sec) no matter what your future changes may be. Plug and Play, set it and forget it. No adjustments, it does all the work. best piece of mind I have done yet with the big 3!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyLoud View Post
Plug and Play, set it and forget it. No adjustments, it does all the work.

I just want to set the record straight. The power pro DOES have an adjustment, and I DID need to adjust mine to get the most out of it. Did it work just fine with the stock setting, YES! Did it work noticeably better when I played with the adjuster, YES!

Results will vary.

2009 Ninja 650 - SOLD
2013 Daytona 675 - SOLD
2013 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Living The Dream

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarcher View Post
I just want to set the record straight. The power pro DOES have an adjustment, and I DID need to adjust mine to get the most out of it. Did it work just fine with the stock setting, YES! Did it work noticeably better when I played with the adjuster, YES!

Results will vary.
Why did you have to tweak it? Just curious?

Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyLoud View Post
Quote:

Results will vary.
Why did you have to tweak it? Just curious?
Same reasons you tweak the cheaper unit really. Both will work with factory setting. Is there a better setting for your bike? Well you don't know until you try. For me there was a big difference in smoothness and power going one little notch clockwise (richer) than stock. Difference being the power pro will maintain the AFR all year long. I would be tweaking the cheaper unit every time conditions change. Power pro adjuster = Target AFR. Fi2000r adjusters = how much fuel you want. Make sense? Its not auto magic, every bike is still different.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Believe me this is the last thing I wanted to do, but I have now had 3 different fuel processors hooked to my bike. The grass just kept looking greener on the other side. I have finally settled on the cobra FI2000 Power Pro. Yes it costs 3x as much as some of the others, but it IS worth it. I had to adjust it a little to get it perfect, but its so much better than all the others its not even funny. Between the two your considering I would choose the FI2000r but I have not tried the Dobeck. If you get the cobra set it to 2-2-1 and hope for the best. Don't forget to do the marble mod.
So what do you have on your bike to set it at 2-2-1? I have vance and hines big radius pipes and a intake similar to a force winder. I've played with a few settings but not noticing much of any difference. I have the fi2000r.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markn View Post
Quote:
So what do you have on your bike to set it at 2-2-1? I have vance and hines big radius pipes and a intake similar to a force winder. I've played with a few settings but not noticing much of any difference. I have the fi2000r.
Road burner 3" pipes, cobra CAI. 2-1.5-1 ran best. It was a bit lean but it worked. Not sue I ever tested the last setting. Kinda impractical on the streets. Much happier with my power pro. Wish I had a dyno near by, I think I'm pushing over 60hp now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode