Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Horn!

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sabre-t 
#1 ·
I gotta say, I spent 40 bucks Canadian on the DENALI SoundBomb Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Motorcycle Horn, and it has really made a difference!

I am sure horns and probably this one has been talked about, but I thought I would say my experience with it. I put all the safety devices I could think about on this bike (its a keeper!), and last week someone was going to pull out in front of me and I hit the horn. Might as well have had a cat meow.

I bought this one mostly because my back is pretty sore from all the mods I did this summer (bad back), and this one was highly rated and a screw on plug and play from the OEM one. Huge difference. Fortunately last week I saw she might pull out in front of me and had already slowed; I wish her Dad would have pulled out!

She will hear me next time!

#2 ·
Like many others I have replaced the anemic OEM horn on my VN900 with a Wolo Bad Boy air horn. Draws enough electrical power that I had to use a relay and a direct fused connection to the 900's battery together with the OEM horn switch as the trigger. Friends in our church riding group with Harleys have been surprised at the audible volume it produces.

#3 ·
Based on the original post by Denali, I ordered this horn from RevZilla. Cost $40 after taxes and shipping as well. Took about 30 min to figure out a new place to bolt this on because my engine guard caused me to relocate the old one 8 years ago.

I can't believe I went 8 years with that anemic, worthless horn. The Denali is as loud as a car horn, and was completely plug and play. No extra wiring needed. Love it. Thank you for posting about this!

#4 ·
I am really happy to help! I certainly have been helped on this forum countless times.
Yes, I can't believe I rode bikes all those years with a stupid horn. When you need it you want to be heard. Alot better/expensive ones out there, but I loved the plug and play too!
What a difference $40 bucks makes!

#6 ·
I think the issues are with the amount of load the stock wires will carry safely. As far as fitting, they fit a small block ford into a bike frame:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.