Luggage rack fitment question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 07 900 Classic ,O5 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 900, 1500
Color: Red... Black
Garage
Question Luggage rack fitment question

I'm about to pull the 9 hairs i have left out! I've got a 2007 900b Classic. I can't for the life of me figure out if this is a cobra sissy bar or what. The LT models with the factory backrest is much narrower at the point it bolts on the side plates. Something like 7.5 inches wide. Then you run into the distance between the mounting holes for the bar some are three inches or so mine is like 1.5 inches and some are 1.25. The distance between the mounting plates on mine is around 9 inches. Can anyone help me out here? The manufacturers don't all give the bolt distances. If some one who has a Cobra backrest and knows it take some measurements between the side mounting plates and measure the distance between the bolts that bolt the actual bar to the side plates on the side plates . I think it's cobra on mine but would it kill them to stamp their name on them somewhere. Thanks in advance

"When all is said and done there's usually more said than done" unknown

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson AKA Old Dog ,Tater. RIP old friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:05 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Sparkle Black and Titanium
Garage
Denny606, my 2013 900 Classic LT has the factory backrest with a factory luggage rack. The luggage rack fits on the inside of the backrest posts. To mount it, I had to remove the 4 factory external hex head bolts, and insert the longer Allen screws (5mm Allen wrench I think), with nuts on the inside of the luggage rack. I quickly went outside and measured, and the distance on the inside of the backrest posts (where the luggage rack is bolted on), was about 12 3/8 inches. This is also the same width as the luggage rack. If I remember correctly, the luggage rack fits all years of the 900 Classic LT (with the factory backrest). I hope this helps.

Last edited by jbiggers; 04-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 07 900 Classic ,O5 1500 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 900, 1500
Color: Red... Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggers View Post
Denny606, my 2013 900 Classic LT has the factory backrest with a factory luggage rack. The luggage rack fits on the inside of the backrest posts. To mount it, I had to remove the 4 factory external hex head bolts, and insert the longer Allen screws (5mm Allen wrench I think), with nuts on the inside of the luggage rack. I quickly went outside and measured, and the distance on the inside of the backrest posts (where the luggage rack is bolted on), was about 12 3/8 inches. This is also the same width as the luggage rack. If I remember correctly, the luggage rack fits all years of the 900 Classic LT (with the factory backrest). I hope this helps.
I have a 900B Classic non LT. but I'll check my inside measurements and that [email protected] least tell me if it's a factory backrest , appreciate it bro!

"When all is said and done there's usually more said than done" unknown

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson AKA Old Dog ,Tater. RIP old friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode