Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tell Me about your Memphis Shade.

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sonny 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I just recently purchased a 2017 Vulcan 900 classic. I am interested in adding a Memphis Shade thin on my bike. I would like some feedback from those of you who have purchased and installed one on your bike. I also have a fitment question. When reading the fitment chart on the Memphis site it only shows fitment up to year 2015 for the classic. Can anyone shed some light on which products fit the 2017 model.
Thanks...Breck

#2 ·
I've mounted MS shields on a three different brands of bikes, Harley, Honda and Yamaha, and have been satisfied with all the installations. Most important things is to install all items loosely so that you can tweak and adjust alignment and fit at the end to get the best look.

Their quick detach mounts are a dream and come in really handy when you want to remove it to clean the nooks and crannies you can't get to with it installed.

Probably going to put on the current project 900 Custom.

#4 ·
They're good strong, well made screens. Easy on easy off, and tilt adjustable so you can dial in the height.

I have a spare 17" Memphis Shades screen, a fit for a rider under 6ft. It came with my bike, I'm 6'3" and went to a 21" Memphis Fats, using the same mounting hardware.

Go to the mfgr's site and review the fitment and sizing info to see what you need.

Do PM me if a 17" Shades looks like your size. I'll make you a good deal on a like new screen. You'd have to order yr own mounting hardware. Best - S.

#5 ·
Thanks for all your input. I am really leaning towards adding one on my new bike. I have been to the web site and my son helped me out with the measurements. It looks like I also need the 21" screen. I was really hoping to make a deal Sonny but alas I am too tall from the waist up!! Thanks all for your input and the offer from Sonny!!

#7 ·
2 aluminum plates bolt to the control cable guide holders on top and under the headlight bracket on the bottom... 4 bolts. Once it's on, the shield comes on and off by slacking 4 hex bolts and depressing thumb releases on the top attach points. It's a great system -- can't be snatched off without slacking the bolts, but easy to do anyway. Memphis gives you a footlong hex wrench so as not to scratch the shield with short ones.

I have the 21" Memphis Fats, which is several inches wider than the Shades. It's a comfortable ride. Good luck with yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.