Cobra Lightbar Bulb Question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Cobra Lightbar Bulb Question

Can anyone advise me on whether or not an H3 55watt bulbs would be too much for the charging system on a 2007 VN 900 Classic. The 25 watt bulbs are just not bright enough. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
i think the most and safest to go is 35.

are you running anything extra on the vulcan? i believe the charging system only have about 70watts extra. so 2 55w h3s will be too much. how have you wired the light bar? thru a switch or does it always come and stay on? if you dont use the light bar that much and only need it for night and use it on a switch. you can run 55ws. just make sure not to always ride with them on or else your battery will drain and ruin your charging system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VROC Number: 35103
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

kingnba6 Thank You for your reply. I do have the lightbar on a switch and only plan on using them at night, but I would rather be safe than sorry so I will go with the 35w bulbs. Thank you again!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
you can always try to look into LEDs. they will be less load than the bike because they use so little watts. also you can look into hids for much more light and also lower running wattage than a halogen. but the only problem with hids is the place to hide the ballasts. but the easiest way to upgrade is just get 35w bulbs

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Can anyone advise me whether or not H3 25 SMD LED White Headlight Fog Light Bulbs can be used in the cobra light bars? Also will the LED's be brighter than the standard 25w bulbs, and do they have any less of a draw on your stator then the standard bulbs?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
yes the h3 led bulb will fit. the bulbs will be much more brighter than stock but you will loose the throw/distance the light goes. with the halogen you will be able to see the affect of the light on the street. but with leds you will not see as much or maybe even none. so if you are using the lightbar to actually add more light output then dont get leds. but if you are using the leds for "position lights" then the leds will be fine

yes the leds will draw practically NOTHING! compared to halogens!

also if you are buying led bulbs then dont cheap out because they will fail. go to a good site and get them. not sure what site tho lol

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM

lightbar

Check out the new sticky regarding stator info. According to the expert opinion driving light wattage doesn't affect your stator life. They do have a way of testing your electrical system draw if you really are concerned with how many watts you draw.

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24679

2009 Black Classic

Mustang Seat w/Backrest
Cobra Standard Backrest with Luggage Rack
Smoke Slipstreamer Windshield
Lindby Multibar Engine Guards
Homemade Lowers
Wally World Running Lights
Stebel Air Horn
Vista Cruise Control
Scootworks Front OD Pulley
Stage 2 Debaffle Stock Pipes
170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire
Kury Run/Turn/Brake module
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
thanks for the link. ill look into when i have some time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode