cenrtain i have water in fuel 2006 vn900 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

cenrtain i have water in fuel 2006 vn900

siphoned of a quart and let it settle have a small puddle of water at the bottom treated the fuel waited a day took it for a ride didnt clear up! think i have a LOT of water . want to remove tanks any one know HOW THAT RED CLIP COMES OFF THE FUEL LINE ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Just get a small flathead screw driver and pry it towards you. Just be careful with it that you don't break it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltclimb View Post
siphoned of a quart and let it settle have a small puddle of water at the bottom treated the fuel waited a day took it for a ride didnt clear up! think i have a LOT of water . want to remove tanks any one know HOW THAT RED CLIP COMES OFF THE FUEL LINE ?
Just a suggestion. I don't know how much water you have in your tank, but I would suggest buying a bottle of Heat fuel additive. You could add 1/2 bottle to the tank. It will absorb the water in your Kaws fuel system. I would add some regardless if you drain the tank or not, to make sure you get all the water out of your fuel system. Don't be confused with the alcohol in gasohol and this additive they are different. One is ethanol, the other is isopropyl alcohol.

http://www.startribune.com/business/36707014.html

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltclimb View Post
As mentioned the red clip slides away from the connectors but doesn't come off.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
+1 on Heet added to get the water out. Seafoam will also stabilize the fuel of water but not as well as heet. Drain it, but use the heet afterwards to make sure your fuel system and residual water in your fuel tank is dry.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode