Cobra Powrpro autotune - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Cobra Powrpro autotune

Who has one? How do you like it? What exhaust and intakes do you have? Can you really feel a difference over a regular fi2000r? Who sells it the cheapest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 07:41 AM

Garage
I have one. You can see what else I have on my Sig below. Love the way it runs. And honestly the best place I have found and used online is cli-max motorcycle products. Awesome prices and awesome service. Love my exhaust and intake. Love the throttle response!

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE

Cobra Swept Black Exhaust
Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro Tuner
Cobra PowrFlo Air Intake Black
Arlen Ness Scoop Triangle Micro Mirrors Black
Saddlemen Solo Seat
Low and Mean Chin Radiator Shroud
CCW Black "Magnum 6 Shot" Grips
CCW Black "Magnum" 6 Shot Passenger Foot Pegs
CCW "Shogun Black Ice" Forward Controls/Anodized
Webslinger Custom Speedometer
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
I have one. It's awesome. I have the Cobra PowerPro intake and a Cobra PowerPro 2-1 exhaust. It may not work exceptionally better than a finely tuned tuner, but it is always in tune. Change elevation significantly... it adjusts. Replace your air cleaner...it adjusts. Swap out your pipes... it adjusts. No maps, no playing with settings, no Dyno required for a custom map.

Now keep in mind, it's still a 900 and will never have the power of the big bikes. However, the PowerPro tuner keeps the bike running in top condition, wherever you choose to roam.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Garage
thumbs up!

have the power pro along with cobra longs and barons BAK...I must say although the power difference ins't dramatic by any means, the bike runs so smooth and feels more "in tune" imo. I am very happy with this setup.

05' VN1500 Classic ~ Black - Bone Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium

Stock pipes, hypercharger and the power pro, the install was simple and for a nudnik like my self, i was impressed and the ease of the intall. The bike runs smoother than stock, pulls harder, has no popping or backfiring issues. While the cost of the power pro is a little more expensive, buying a simular unit and then having to have the bike on a dyno ( around $200 for 3 runs) puts the unit back in the price range that is acceptable.

The cheapest price that i could get at the time of purchase was $519.00, Amazon was over $600 and cruisercustomising.com was around $595.

I was always a power commander guy and throw it on the dyno for a custom map, but i am happy with what i have got with the results that have been achieved. As many have posted on here, there is a certain amount of frustration with having to piss around with different settings to try and achieve a smooth well running, no popping result.

Knowing what i do, should i ever change the air / pipes om my classic, i would go the same power pro set up as my custom.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Garage
I agree. Cheaper in the long run. Just spend the little extra. Cobra has some good YouTube videos about their product so you can really understand the technology. It's awesome to know they've thought outside the box on this one. Love my bike more because of it. You will too.

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE

Cobra Swept Black Exhaust
Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro Tuner
Cobra PowrFlo Air Intake Black
Arlen Ness Scoop Triangle Micro Mirrors Black
Saddlemen Solo Seat
Low and Mean Chin Radiator Shroud
CCW Black "Magnum 6 Shot" Grips
CCW Black "Magnum" 6 Shot Passenger Foot Pegs
CCW "Shogun Black Ice" Forward Controls/Anodized
Webslinger Custom Speedometer
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM

The Power Pro, along with V&H pipes and BAK, has changed the attitude of my bike. It's a lot quicker and a ton more fun to ride, don't know about the gas milage.
What sold me on it, to invest the extra money is that it constantly updates the mixture, with differences in humidity/temp. I can even change pipes without having to change the codes or have it dynode!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 AM

I just put mine on last night. It replaced my G-Man Bully tuner.

I think the biggest thing that befitted me with the PowrPro is knowing that my bike is always in tune no matter what. With the Bully I was messing around with settings a lot, but it was hard to tell if I was doing better or worse tuning wise. The Bully drastically improved my bike over stock power wise, but I think I had it tuned a little rich. With the PowrPro I can just go ride.

As far as power goes, the PowrPro is amazing. The power delivery is smooth and strong. I think I also picked up a little torque. It will be exciting to see how much more it picks up a I ride it over time.

I got mine for $463.89 on eBay and I highly recommend it.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
You guys convinced me.... Just ordered one from Cli-MAX. Did you guys have to remove the gas tank to install, or just prop it up a few inches to get to the injector plugs? The rest looks to be plug and play. Also, where is the best mounting location for the unit?

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
You guys convinced me.... Just ordered one from Cli-MAX. Did you guys have to remove the gas tank to install, or just prop it up a few inches to get to the injector plugs? The rest looks to be plug and play. Also, where is the best mounting location for the unit?
I propped up the tank...gives you just enough room and mounted the unit under the seat in the tool slot. fits perfectly.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Motorcycle.com App

05' VN1500 Classic ~ Black - Bone Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode