Vance and Hines non-production!! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Vance and Hines non-production!!

Needed to vent because this is is ridiculous!! I ordered v&h black twin staggered pipes almost a month ago, they were back ordered and suppose to ship out 3-28, and of course I waited. So I called the vendor today he tells me V&H pushed it back another month. This is absurd. There cant be that many Vulcan owners wanting them, and we're talking about 2 pipes!! Not efn handcrafted Bentleys. WTF Vance & Hines ???!!!!???

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

You should cancel your order and take your business someplace else.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Wow.... pushing out another month. I am wondering if it's not an issue of too many orders for this particular product, but not enough to start a production run. I have seen this with black wheels my son ordered. Manf. did not have enough orders of the wheel he wanted so the delayed so long he canceled his order and went another direction. I'd check around to see if you get the same response from other suppliers.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Top Contributor

Contact V&H and find a dealer who will have them sooner.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I've been callin all over the country and it seems like this a widely spread issue because alot of stores get the pipes from the same supplier, parts unlimited? So I'm gonna call around some more maybe someone will have them on there shelf?? But it's like V&H doesn't want to produce?

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
V&H produces for a lot of makes and models, they are very popular with the Harley crowd for example. With the 900's though, it seems like they aren't the favorite pipes. What I'm getting at is this, you might be one of only a few hundred or even a few dozen orders for the 900, while they might have 1,500 orders for FLH Harley's (I dunno, I'm making those numbers up, but you get the point). They'd much rather tick you off and run you off than 1,500 Harley's. Above all I'm sure they'd rather get you the product (why wouldn't they?), but evidently it's not possible.

The question to ask is if it's worth the wait, or if you should take your business elsewhere. Have you looked used? Maybe you can find a nice looking used set cheaper, and it'll be ready in no time!

-John

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 AM

don't know if you want to stick with v&h but have you tried ebay?
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I've looked eBay and used, I guess I'll just continue my search because indysuperbikes.com, where I ordered them, are being real helpful
they said its up to me and they'll give my money back at any time if I want. But yeah I see your point.

I think it comes down to principle for me. They advertise a product, post YouTube videos about it, it's decently priced compared to others, but yet I can't have it !!??

And I've emailed them twice, there responses are just a politically correct one, they try and pacify me with bs that has no true substance or real answer as to what the problem is. So I guess I'll just keep searching elsewhere, and calling/emailing VH and hopefully get lucky.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-BZ View Post
Yeah I've looked eBay and used, I guess I'll just continue my search because indysuperbikes.com, where I ordered them, are being real helpful
they said its up to me and they'll give my money back at any time if I want. But yeah I see your point.

I think it comes down to principle for me. They advertise a product, post YouTube videos about it, it's decently priced compared to others, but yet I can't have it !!??

And I've emailed them twice, there responses are just a politically correct one, they try and pacify me with bs that has no true substance or real answer as to what the problem is. So I guess I'll just keep searching elsewhere, and calling/emailing VH and hopefully get lucky.

Sure you can have it, you just have to wait. Something we're not really accustomed to in this instant gratification age we live in.

What do you expect V&H to say? Bottom line has already been mentioned by someone else. Low volume parts fit where the production schedule permits. Sucks, I know, I waited exactly one year and one day for a certain thing I had ordered (totally unrelated to V&H and motorcycles). Kept getting pushed back and pushed back. I think they were really hoping I would cancel my order but I waited them out.

Last edited by whoaru99; 03-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Top Contributor

Back Orders

In a prior life, before early retirement i worked in a manufacturing co. In wth other , regular production parts we made special fuel tanks for al sorts of tractors, go karts, etc. We hated those orders. Very small infrequent runs, requiring hours of set up on the tooling and sometimes special materials or just differant sized raw steel. None of which fit well with high volume, efficient manufacturing. The sale price was not adequate to prompt shutting off the normal production for a few thousand of a special item. It jsut is what it is. Add to that the fact we are enjoying an early spring throughout most of the midwest I think the manufacturers are being surprised with orders. Scheduling disruptions, special raw material orders are flying everywhere. Snow and winter weather products are being packed away and everyone is scrambling for summer products. One of our product lines was small engine fuel tanks for a major US engine maker. Per my former co-workers they are now working 24/7 to convert lines to summer mowers, tractors, tillers, pumps and the like. And they are sitting on a large inventory of snow thrower and generator fuel tanks.

I know it's not much consolation to you however with the current economy no mfg. co. can afford inventories of raw materials and large tooling changeover costs.

You have basically a choice. Wait them out, tough I know, or go to another manufacturers products. Cobra maybe?

Just cut them all a little slack. The warmer weather has certainly caught everyone unprepared and the early seasonal demand cascades backward throughout the supply system. Maybe right back to the steel mills and coaters.

It is, what it is..... Sorry..... Everone wants to make the sale and I am certain that you are not being personally ignored intentionally. I'd bet that a couple months ago that there were unsold units on the shelves and no one was placing orders.... Demand drives supplies. Hang in there. Someone makes a product that will suit your needs and desires. If not this week, maybe next.

Happy hunting. (Sorry for the ramble, but I know the drill only too well.)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode