Bobber riders, pics and info! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Bobber riders, pics and info!

Since there is no bobber model choice on the forum thought I'd start one. Maybe the powers that be will create one.
Feel free to post pics, sites for products, and meet others who bobbed their bike out

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm waiting until I have my bike nearly paid off before I chop it up, but when I do, and if I don't decide to cut my own fender/struts/etc, I'll use

www.bluecollarbobber.com

my only hangup is the rear fender is aluminum, I'd rather have steel. And, I'll be putting a tall sissybar on it to hold the fender instead of the flatbar they use... my biggest challenge is figuring out a way to keep the bike functional for long trips (packing gear on it, maybe a removable rear seat/luggage rack kind of thing.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hue-e View Post
I'm waiting until I have my bike nearly paid off before I chop it up, but when I do, and if I don't decide to cut my own fender/struts/etc, I'll use

www.bluecollarbobber.com

my only hangup is the rear fender is aluminum, I'd rather have steel. And, I'll be putting a tall sissybar on it to hold the fender instead of the flatbar they use... my biggest challenge is figuring out a way to keep the bike functional for long trips (packing gear on it, maybe a removable rear seat/luggage rack kind of thing.
I'm ready to chop mine. The BCB kit suppose to come this week.
I'm not a big fan of their rear fender either.
Here's an idea: when you cut the struts off get someone to modify them so when you go on long trips you can quick bolt them on. Maybe with storage connected to it or a flat platform to load things onto it. You can also put some leather bags off of each strut as long as it clears the bike so nothing gets caught.
I only use a backpack for storage. I may get a leather bag for the side.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 AM

I'm actually considering only getting the seat from BCB, but using a similar method they use to mount a steel fender blank that I cut it to a custom shape myself. I'll fabricate a similar sissybar (this is what I have now, minus the luggage rack and pad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vulcan-VN900...b1a4b9&vxp=mtr) and mount it to the same place BCB mounts their struts on the swingarm, then bolt my custom fender to that sissybar.

Here's the steel fender I'm considering: http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=213691

The next phase after that will involve me fabricating a removable luggage rack that will mount between the seat and the sissy so I can pack it down for long trips.

That's the plan I have for now... but again, I have plenty of time to iron out any kinks. I still owe a bit on my bike and want to be sure I'm keeping it before I start cutting things off it.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 AM

my bobber will be coming together in the next couple weeks. won't be painted yet though, but that's no biggie

2003 Vulcan 800 Classic =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Yamaha R6 => SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

2006 Vn900 classic Bobbed

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

what about a RAT?

not finished, may never be.. more a rider than a looker.. still dialing it in.

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 07-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
not finished, may never be.. more a rider than a looker.. still dialing it in.
So far so good. You could actually keep the color and put two white racing stripes put a batwing on it and she'll look bad ass!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

already have these bars from my roadstar. 1.5" punishers, actually are quite komfy. lower rise, better pull back, narrower. also this BW mite fit those MS mounts already on the bike.?
if was to paint would be more flat black. 2 wide race stripes are katz,, butt jus a kopy of somebody else work. would need to think about a diffren theme nothing fancy nancy krap. this is a ride bike not a sho bike. if you skratch it jus gives karakter.

was thinking that a tire tread theme identical to watever tire is on the bike, painted on the rear fender so it was invisible. mite consider carrying the tire tread up the tank and out the front fender.. is a thot?

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 07-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM

Here's mine so far. I've got my eye on a dished fuel tank from Washington Choppers that I want to try and swap out. Also want to put on a side saddlegag. I've already got the BCB fender in the garage, just not sure how I want to mount it. I want to keep as much tire exposed as I can but according to safety regulations, it's supposed to cover a good portion of the tire. Has anyone had problems with passing safety while exposing most of the rear tire?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode