VN 900 Sissybar/Luggage Rack - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

VN 900 Sissybar/Luggage Rack

I just got my Vulcan 900 last week and my first mod was to add a sissybar and luggage rack. I bought a used set on eBay for under $100, plus shipping. It came in 2 days, fits perfectly and looks brand new. Here's a link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vulcan-VN-90...377415&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Congrats - great buy!

I'm still riding around with my V-star brackets attached to the Vulcan, trying to get my brother to bend something into an upright. HD softail mini upright worked on the V-star with those brackets (all bought used from eBay as well), but is not wide enough to work on the Vulcan and there doesn't seem to be a premade upright that's 11 3/8 wide made of square bar, darnit. So home-made it is.

Any other mods since then?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Top Contributor

Any pics of it installed?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 PM

I bought that same sissy bar from that same seller. I am ultimately satisfied with my purchase, but when I bid on the item "somebody" mysteriously outbid me by a buck 30 seconds before the end of the auction. I emailed the seller and asked if we could skip the b.s. and name a price. 15 minutes after the seller said all bids are legit, I was notified of a "buy it now" price that was pretty close to my bid and the winning bid. Like I said, I bought it and like it, but I just thought that was a little weak.

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic
Cavalry Backrest
VN900 Custom Highway Bar
Mustang Vintage Touring Seat
Saddlemen Highwayman Bags
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 PM

JTron, some people have actually gotten that seller's VN900 sissy bars for $59 plus shipping so looks to me like you just got outbid by a sniper (I do that a lot). I hate when that happens too. It was actually kind of nice of him to give you a BIN option rather than deal with another auction, some of them have gone up to nearly $90. I rarely bid early, but I will always bid all the way up to what I am willing to pay so if it goes over I have no regrets losing the auction and I figure somebody else paid too much Bidding early just tells people somebody else is interested and they bid more. There, all my secrets are out. I may or may not bid on the set that's up now - some of the reviews talk about stripped out bolt holes on these, and I'd still rather have a home-made upright but my daughter wants to ride pillion now and it makes me nervous not having anything to keep her from sliding off the back

I'm trying to figure out how the seller got all these "used" sissy bars... I'm wondering if they're seconds rather than used. They're still better than nothing, and decent price.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM

Yeah, mine was brand new and went on great. I guess I'm just new to ebay and learned a quick lesson! Backrest is great and my lady loves it. I bought highway bars on ebay from JMEI Motors for 89 bucks, also totally satisfied. Now I need to quit ebay while I have some money left.

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic
Cavalry Backrest
VN900 Custom Highway Bar
Mustang Vintage Touring Seat
Saddlemen Highwayman Bags
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflol View Post
JTron, some people have actually gotten that seller's VN900 sissy bars for $59 plus shipping so looks to me like you just got outbid by a sniper (I do that a lot). I hate when that happens too. It was actually kind of nice of him to give you a BIN option rather than deal with another auction, some of them have gone up to nearly $90. I rarely bid early, but I will always bid all the way up to what I am willing to pay so if it goes over I have no regrets losing the auction and I figure somebody else paid too much Bidding early just tells people somebody else is interested and they bid more. There, all my secrets are out. I may or may not bid on the set that's up now - some of the reviews talk about stripped out bolt holes on these, and I'd still rather have a home-made upright but my daughter wants to ride pillion now and it makes me nervous not having anything to keep her from sliding off the back

I'm trying to figure out how the seller got all these "used" sissy bars... I'm wondering if they're seconds rather than used. They're still better than nothing, and decent price.
Yep, I "sniped" this one last minute - that's my eBay MO. Opened at 59, one bid at 60, I bid 61, + 38 for the luggage rack. It has a German Cross on the pad backplate. Also, I did have one bolt hole that was very hard, might have been partially stripped, but a little torgue got the job done. Just added Jaffrum saddlebags, so I guess it's time for a new pic.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Contributor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode