MeanCycles - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

MeanCycles

Anyone experienced issues using Meancycles for accessories? I placed an order more than a week ago and had to email them twice to try and get a confirmation of the order... Finally received a notice back that the part ( rear pulley upgrade) was only available for preorder. They had the preorder listed on the site but under the link for additional information, there wasn't anything so I assumed that it was not in effect.... The site did not say the part was unavailable at this time.... Finally received a message from them that they had been at Bike Week, so they were running behind, and that Scootworks had notified them that the pulley would be available next week....We all know how finicky Scootworks can be about schedules, so I sent a note to cancel the order two days ago and still haven't heard anything back from Meancycles.... I've used them before with no issues, but get the feeling that they may not be all that customer centered anymore.... Anyone else had issues with them.... Just about ready to notify PayPal of the situation......

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
Can't help. I've only used Cruiser Customizing and Dennis Kirk. But it's interesting information.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM

meancycles

I had very good results from them. I ordered the OD sprocket last year. In stock and fast shipment plus quite a bit less that SW. I did end up sending it in to SW to get uprgrade on it before I installed it and got it back quick.

2009 Black Classic

Mustang Seat w/Backrest
Cobra Standard Backrest with Luggage Rack
Smoke Slipstreamer Windshield
Lindby Multibar Engine Guards
Homemade Lowers
Wally World Running Lights
Stebel Air Horn
Vista Cruise Control
Scootworks Front OD Pulley
Stage 2 Debaffle Stock Pipes
170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire
Kury Run/Turn/Brake module

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 PM

I also ordered the front pulley last year, after the new pulley was available, and yup they skip out a lot, go to all the shows, but the nice thing is they did not charge my account until the pulley shipped. I used Mean cycles after getting stiffed by SW so I knew what to expect. That was my only order with them.

John
"I am a modern cowboy, on a steel horse I ride"
09 VN900 Classic
Big 3 +++++
Double Darkside
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Just FYI, I've already been charge to my Visa account, so they must have changed their policy of not charging until shipped....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 PM

I haven't really had a good experience with them yet.
I ordered a few parts from them my first time, and they sent only one and notified me after my part was received asking me if I wanted to wait for them to get the other parts in. I said no and a week later they refunded me.

The second time I ordered, it wasn't 100% their fault but they had extremely bad communication. I ordered a britt seat from them. They called me a week later telling me it was on backorder and wouldn't be in for a week. It was nearing winter so I was like that's fine. Two weeks later I call them asking about it and they're like "yeah you're #1 on the list to get one, they haven't been in yet."
LONG story short, I got my britt seat from them 3 months later, and it came with no mounting kit or bracket. Everytime I called them they said yeah it will be in, in a week.
I was not pleased to say the least.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Placed my first order with them 9 weeks ago for a SW rear pulley. Just shipped this week (yes, 8+ weeks). Was kept informed (when I asked) about the staus. The big issue was SW consolidated several facilities and they had no pulleys to ship to MeanCycles (saw the e-mails from SW). It was frustrating having to wait, but will have my pulley in a few days.

I'll give them another order when I order the front pulley in a few months.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Lifetime Premium

I have nothing but love for them, most of my stuff for both bikes came from them. I was never charged before items were shipped. I givem two thumbs up.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Top Contributor

Never had a problem myself. I've only order a couple of times, but one of those orders I called in advance to ask questions about the parts I was after and got friendly and thorough service. Both times reflected fast shipping for me.

Haven't ever ordered anything big from them though.

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Top Contributor

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've made a few purchases from Meancycle, including a SW rear pulley and had no problems. Of course, everything I ordered was in stock at the time of order and I never had to return anything. So, my experiences with them has been very positive.

Hope you get it worked out quickly.

Kerry

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode