LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Felt the PERFECT highway pegs today

Okay so I stopped by a dealership I hadn't been to before to get a part and... well.. you know... I had to spend another hour looking at all the bikes and stuff (It would be rude not to).

Anyway I sat on this older Electra Glide, mostly because it had a mustang seat on it with a backrest and I wanted to see what it felt like. Well it also had highway pegs... and they were PERFECT. They ended up just above and to the right of the rear brake pedal (and I mean just). So close that I could actually slide my boot down and press the rear brake without letting off the highways pegs.

That was neat, the fact that I could use the rear brake quickly in an emergency if I needed to. But more so than that they felt like they were in just the perfect position. The glider also had a similar seating position / foot position as my Vulcan so I think pegs in that position would fit well. I had tried pegs on other bikes and they just didn't feel as comfortable, and these were juuust right.

So long story short, anyone know of highway bars that are skinny enough to allow me to mount pegs right there? Anyone have pics of a setup like that? To recap, it'd place the pegs close enough I could reach the rear brake, while still being above and in front of the floorboards.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Top Contributor

I have mine set low so I can rest my heel on my floorbaord while im riding. I had them up higher but after a while it wasn't as comfortable. The bike you sat on with the foot pege right by the brake might be the Karyakyn pegs with longhorn offset mounts. the crash bars that I have are 1 1/4" and I want a set of kuryakyn pegs, very nice pegs!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuryakyn-798...item2eba9baa43[IMG][/IMG]

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Nice lookin bike!

Hey what luggage rack is that?

Anyway, yeah that's close, but your bars (and most I've seen) are still too far out to do what I was thinking of. These bars barely extended out past the floorboards, which is why I think it had such a perfect spot for me.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Top Contributor

Last yr I was talking about it on another thread and i'm thinking it's a Mutazu rack because another guy has one from Mutazu rack and he had to drill out the mount holes a little just like I did to get it to mount on the bike. I picked it up off ebay for $37 shipped. It's held up great and still looks great, here's the site if interested in one. Two things to instal this is you may have to drill the holes a little , and take off one of your bags and losen up the fender rail, it makes it a lot easier to in stall it and having two extra hands helps two. lol! http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...347&s=prod.php

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket

Last edited by diehard rider; 03-21-2012 at 05:34 AM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

I achieved something pretty close position wise with the Kuryakyn Adjustable peg Mounts. They mount to your floorboards. I got 4" extenders and now the footrest is just about level with my brake pedal.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/929...ise-Peg-Mounts

Dale

2010 Vulcan Voyager /Ooops - I totaled it!/

Last edited by MN-Rider; 03-21-2012 at 09:04 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2011/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700cc
Color: Blue/Silver
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
I achieved something pretty close position wise with the Kuryakyn Adjustable peg Mounts. They mount to your floorboards. I got 4" extenders and now the footrest is just about level with my brake pedal.

Dale - Do you have any pics on how your highway pegs mounted to your floorboards? I'm not sure I understand how the 4" extenders worked out.

I would love to have highway pegs, but not sure I want the have engine guards just to mount the pegs. Would love to see a pick.

Thanks!!
Cheers, Jim

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2011 Vulcan Voyager
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 PM

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post

I've got those & they suit me nice. I think Roman wants them so that they don't stick so far outside of the boards?

2008 VN900 Vulcan Classic
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawlty99 View Post
I've got those & they suit me nice. I think Roman wants them so that they don't stick so far outside of the boards?
This is an OLD thread. Likely someone was searching and dug it up. I already got some highway pegs! I mounted some basic pegs to a Kawasaki Fire and Steel highway bar. They are mounted in such a way that I have three positions. 1) Feet on the boards. 2) Heel on the boards, toes on the highway pegs (which is what I liked about the position of the one I talked about), and 3) feet all the way on the highway pegs.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 10:21 AM

Re: Felt the PERFECT highway pegs today

Ups, sorry.
But I like what i found i'm going for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode