I've lost my mind.. please help - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

I've lost my mind.. please help

Hi everyone, I have downloaded the owners manual for the Custom 900 and cannot find what I'm looking for. I've check this site and still cannot find it.. Okay don't all laugh to loud....

I cannot for the life of me find out how to get to my battery I am installing Lizard Lights but you need this one important part.. POWER..

I just cannot see the terminal leads, I've taken the seat off but again nothing.. I know it's there, my headlights and blinkers work.. oh yeah my bike starts all the time..

Sorry for the stupid question.. I'm just not seeing what I should

UPDATE** I have done a little searching and found out it is behind the side covers????? Again lost my mind, but how do I get them off? Do they both have to come off or just one?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by nightfun; 03-12-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 AM

you have to remove the few screws that hold the little tool box under the seat in place . the battery is under there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc09 View Post
you have to remove the few screws that hold the little tool box under the seat in place . the battery is under there.

Thanks RONC... I'll check that out a little later on today. Actually heading to CT for a ride today.. have a great day! I cannot believe it's going to be almost 70 in Mass/RI/CT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 AM

The battery is not behind the side covers; the battery is under the tool kit ronc mentioned. However, to take the side covers off, take the seat off; there is a retaining ring built into the side covers. I know; broke both my side covers trying to get them off before I found this little tidbit.

2006 VN900 Classic LT - Red and Black
Stage III Stock Pipes - K&N Filter in Stock Box - Amsoil - 170/80 Kenda Kruz - Saddlemen Explorer - Willie & Max Windshield Bag - Mutazu Passenger Floor Boards - Shorai Heavy Duty Battery - Kawasaki Lowers - Black Universal Trunk mounted on Mutazu Rack - Osram 70/65w Plus 50
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
You broke both? Figured if you broke one, might as well break the other one too so you would have a matching set?

eLi
South of the Twin Cities.
Ride the river.
'07 900 Classic "turned LT"
Cobra Fi2000
Kury HyperCharger
Hard Krome 3" Big Straights (45-8025)
Metzeler WhiteWalls
Speedo fixer in back (170)
Fuel Gauge resistor
'00 Vulcan 750 (SOLD)
'73 Honda CL350
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Eh, Jace, ya know, um, well, ya see, er, the thing is........next question!!!!

2006 VN900 Classic LT - Red and Black
Stage III Stock Pipes - K&N Filter in Stock Box - Amsoil - 170/80 Kenda Kruz - Saddlemen Explorer - Willie & Max Windshield Bag - Mutazu Passenger Floor Boards - Shorai Heavy Duty Battery - Kawasaki Lowers - Black Universal Trunk mounted on Mutazu Rack - Osram 70/65w Plus 50
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Garage
yeah, Like above there are 2 screws you have to take out. One on each side of what looks like a box cap under the center of the seat area. Then you just lit the whole thing right out. It takes all of a few seconds.

I take mine out all the time seeing as I like to hook up my battery tender when I'm not riding seeing as it can be a couple weeks in between rides. I was going to hard wire in some leads but I just haven't gotten around to doing it, lol. Mostly because I was going to also add in a USB power port as well as a 12v power port but I just haven't had the time and now I'm selling the bike so no big deal for me at all.

-Jeff
Southwest Florida

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD-2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
-Quick release windshield
Bell RS-1 Helmet for my fat head! XXL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode