Shortened Lower Controls - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Shortened Lower Controls

I just got reinstalling my newly modified lower controls on my V9 Classic and I wanted to share.

First of all I'm slightly vertically challenged and with my recent mods of mini-apes and a springer seat I found reaching the lower controls slightly uncomfortable.

There didn't seem to be any options of moving the controls back without fabbing mounts for mid controls and it seemed like it would be difficult to do on the exhaust side since the stock pipes are so low next to the frame.

I decided to have the controls hacked and re-welded so that they were shorter. I removed 2 inches from the clutch control and 1 1/2" from the rear brake pedal. They re-welded them to together after removing the middle section, re-contoured the shape so the taper is consistent and sandblasted the rest of the chrome off since it was destroyed in the process. I also removed the heel shifter portion, so that I could slide my foot back further on the floorboards. Just repainted them and hooked em up. What a difference a few inches made. I noticed no discernible difference in the feel of the controls since the leverage is technically less then before. Here's a photo of the modified brake pedal before paint. Can't even tell it was cut and welded back together.

Last edited by King-Nine; 03-09-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Nice fab work. Any pics of the new parts on the bike?

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Here are the photos of them on the bike. They're painted a dull aluminum color.

Last edited by King-Nine; 03-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode