Memphis Shades Trigger Lock fitment - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Memphis Shades Trigger Lock fitment

The Memphis Shades website offers a 'Trigger Lock Mounting Kit' for the 900 Classic 2006-2009.
I like the 'Speed Demon' Sport Shield but....

I have a 2010.

Is there really any difference between the 09 and 10 forks?
Has anyone mounted the Speed Demon on a 2010 Classic?

It took me less than an hour and a half. (I bought the PopTop.) I ended up pulling the plate and wire loops that manage/contain the wires heading toward the hand grips....and strapped them together with a couple of black plastic tie-straps.
I tried the National Cycle Dakota - but it was so big - too big...and they didn't make a 'Quick Release' for the 2010 Vulcan Classic. AND I really didn't like their smaller two piece windshields.
I like the way the winshield looks although I haven't driven it yet.
I'm installing Cobra Speedster Longs. (the pipes are mounted but I still have to mount the heat shields). Next is the Ganucci seat - which probably won't be here for a while. I have the Saddleman Renegade Solo - (way more comfortable than the stock seat!)
Meancycles told me they have a Bolt-On Gangster fender for the 900. And I'm very interested in that!

PS - Thanks guys for your very helpful advice concerning the No Tool Trigger Lock stuff!

Here's a photo of a Suzuki with the "look" I'm working towards.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	9600  

Last edited by tindog; 03-14-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Update!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Top Contributor

It'll fit. I think they just haven't updated their info. There are practically no differences between the '09 & '10. Or any other year, for that matter. Why mess with a good thing?

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindog View Post
The Memphis Shades website offers a 'Trigger Lock Mounting Kit' for the 900 Classic 2006-2009.
I like the 'Speed Demon' Sport Shield but....

I have a 2010.

Is there really any difference between the 09 and 10 forks?
Has anyone mounted the Speed Demon on a 2010 Classic?
They fit perfect!! I have a 2010 Classic and installed the trigger lock system with the speed demon windshield. Installed was picture perfect and easy. No issues....

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 PM
BOTM Winner, May 2013

Garage
I have them on my 2010 900 Classic. To make it even better, once you have the brackets on your bike, it seems that you can use any other Memphis Shades windshield and only have to buy the plates to fit the various winshields. I had an MS Fat shield and switched to a Batwing fairing. I only had to buy the plates that fit the Batwing and it went right on my bike with no other changes.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM

I think I'm going for a 'Speed Domon' on my classic - I love the look and its half the price of the other windshields and less than half the price of the Batwing - just one question - is this a fork mount or handlebar mount? When I research the shield on the internet I see references to fork mount, and all the pictures are from the front facing the bike (which look good!). What does it look like from the inside? thx.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varrus999 View Post
I think I'm going for a 'Speed Domon' on my classic - I love the look and its half the price of the other windshields and less than half the price of the Batwing - just one question - is this a fork mount or handlebar mount? When I research the shield on the internet I see references to fork mount, and all the pictures are from the front facing the bike (which look good!). What does it look like from the inside? thx.
Looks like I answered my own question. The handlebar mount model is called a 'Demon' Windshield. The 'Speed Demon' uses the trigger lock that mounts to the forks..

If anyone with a speed demon on their Classic please post a close up pick of the side view - I want to see how it aligns with the headlight, it will give me a better idea of where exactly it's 18" height will line up with my face - sitting with a tape measure on the bike, angled with the forks 18" above the highest point of the headlight it appears to be near perfect height for me..around the nose/eye area..
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by varrus999 View Post
Looks like I answered my own question. The handlebar mount model is called a 'Demon' Windshield. The 'Speed Demon' uses the trigger lock that mounts to the forks..

If anyone with a speed demon on their Classic please post a close up pick of the side view - I want to see how it aligns with the headlight, it will give me a better idea of where exactly it's 18" height will line up with my face - sitting with a tape measure on the bike, angled with the forks 18" above the highest point of the headlight it appears to be near perfect height for me..around the nose/eye area..
Here you go.... I started out with the Speed Demon, then decided to go with the Batwing for more coverage (riding 2 up with the wife the Batwing makes a big difference). With the Speed Demon it was good coverage, but still had head buffeting (even with lowers). The shield is adjusted full forward and this is where you'll measure the 18" I was looking just over it, I am 6'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0323.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	32993   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0324.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	33001  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic

Last edited by bosco; 06-06-2013 at 10:01 PM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
Here you go.... I started out with the Speed Demon, then decided to go with the Batwing for more coverage (riding 2 up with the wife the Batwing makes a big difference). With the Speed Demon it was good coverage, but still had head buffeting (even with lowers). The shield is adjusted full forward and this is where you'll measure the 18" I was looking just over it, I am 6'
Thanks Bosco! I took a chance and placed the order. Now comes the waiting!!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Always the tough part, waiting....

2010 900 Classic
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 PM

I love the ability to easily remove my Memphis shade and change the look also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode