Trouble with OEM paint - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Trouble with OEM paint

Any one had trouble with getting fairings or other pieces painted to match the OEM paint .. I have a Memphis shades batwing I want to paint to match my bike ,my bike is the candy imperial blue the paint shop I took it too said kawasaki doesn't release their coat numbers so getting it to match would be difficult he also can't get the paint and recommended I buy from color rite which is gonna cost me over 200 bucks plus what he charges to do a 3 stage paint job .. Just seems like a little much for just a small fairing . Anyone else have any problems in the OEM paint department ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
BOTM Winner, December 2013

all i can say is take it to a different shop.....any competent shop can at least accomplish a match that is equal or better than color-rong

FYI automotive paints and shop time are expensive.....want it done cheep buy a spray bomb and diy........
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM

I have been wondering about what it would cost to paint a batwing also. Still deciding if I should buy one or not and the cost to paint it to match my bike is one thing I am taking into consideration.

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

With me buying the paint and then getting it sprayed its gonna be 600, but I'm goin to take it to a differnt shop in a few days and see of they can do any better .. If not I'm buying a spray gun and doing it myself
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhart700 View Post
Any one had trouble with getting fairings or other pieces painted to match the OEM paint .. I have a Memphis shades batwing I want to paint to match my bike ,my bike is the candy imperial blue the paint shop I took it too said kawasaki doesn't release their coat numbers so getting it to match would be difficult he also can't get the paint and recommended I buy from color rite which is gonna cost me over 200 bucks plus what he charges to do a 3 stage paint job .. Just seems like a little much for just a small fairing . Anyone else have any problems in the OEM paint department ?
$200 for paint sounds pretty reasonable to me . . .
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithlloyd View Post
$200 for paint sounds pretty reasonable to me . . .
Yikes .. to paint 2 fairings color matched ... $400

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
With me buying the paint and then getting it sprayed its gonna be 600, but I'm goin to take it to a differnt shop in a few days and see of they can do any better .. If not I'm buying a spray gun and doing it myself

ck these links out, if u paint your self practice on a scrap, remember not too much paint in one coat it will run

best of luck

http://www.baa-direct.com/Day2Course.html

http://www.cyclecolor.com/
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by big worm View Post
all i can say is take it to a different shop.....any competent shop can at least accomplish a match that is equal or better than color-rong

FYI automotive paints and shop time are expensive.....want it done cheep buy a spray bomb and diy........
Plus 1 ... find one with a scanner or that has the paint codes ... they are readily avail to paint shops. For my classic, fairing and bags .. two tone with pinstriping .. $699. My trailer same price ... my custom two fairings ... $400

Look around you, will get what you want. Btw ... give them the front fender to color match the mix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Im on the road till sat, I will pm you when I have access to my computor vs using my my phone ... im a lousy typist.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
Yikes .. to paint 2 fairings color matched ... $400
Well, unless there are lots of other options for the same result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode