Kawasaki OEM light bar and crash bars? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Kawasaki OEM light bar and crash bars?

Has anybody seen these on a bike up close and how do you think they compare to the aftermarket guys being they are about the same money maybe a bit more.

2011 Vulcan Vaquero with V&H slash cut slip-ons K&N filter driving lights and passenger back rest.

2007 900 Classic LT S&S air kit,Roadhouse Classic 2-1 serrated,PC III (traded)
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Top Contributor

The way I went I got a OEM light bar because in my opinion it looked better than aftermarket and also considering they provide the relay and clear instructions made it very easy to install. On the other hand I went with a aftermarket crush bar because of the style.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM

My Kawasaki light bar looks great afaiac however mine did not come with a relay. I had to add a relay as the oem bar instructions were to just tap the low beam wire and call it a day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	9121  

'09 900 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT, titanium/white, tach, Kawasaki light bar, CTEK battery maintainer, Powerlet outlets for GPS, cell phone, etc. Mustang touring seat.
Eastern Beaver headlamp/driving lamp relay kit. Eastern Beaver 3CS fused accessory circuits. Matazu
luggage rack. LED bulbs, Rumble LED turn signal relay, Grote LED driving lamps installed in oem driving light housings. Michelin Commander II tires. Laconia luggage bag by T BAGS.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 PM

These are opinion/style/choice items.

I like a number of other highway bars much better than the OEM. But, it's my opinion. Quality of many are just as good. Just different shapes and sizes.

As to light bar, I am okay with the Cobra. But, you need to address the exposure of the on off switch.

06 Kawi Vulcan Nomad - Cobra Lite Bar, Phat II Risers, Vista Cruise, Krusier Kady, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Mustang w/ Backrest, Vance & Hines Dual Baggers, PC III, Cobra Luggage Rack, Electrical Connection LED R,B, T Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light, Classic Chaps, Avon Cobra's.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
My Kawasaki light bar looks great afaiac however mine did not come with a relay. I had to add a relay as the oem bar instructions were to just tap the low beam wire and call it a day.
Nice looking setup you have there.

2013 Honda CB1100
2008 Yamaha yz250f
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 PM

I always buy genuine Kawasaki parts I feel that I may get more out of my bike if I decide to sell it. Not to say after market doesn't look nice. I did however purchase Vance and Hines exhaust.

Last edited by 2BWild; 02-16-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Garage
I'm a little worried about the switch on the Cobra Light Bar as well. I've had it in the rain for a few hours with no problem but still a little worried. There's certainly no watertight sealing on it. Any thoughts on what can be done.

2010 Classic LT
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
Nice looking setup you have there.
Thanks. I like oem parts. No problems usually with fit and finish and you can return if there is a problem.

Brian

'09 900 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT, titanium/white, tach, Kawasaki light bar, CTEK battery maintainer, Powerlet outlets for GPS, cell phone, etc. Mustang touring seat.
Eastern Beaver headlamp/driving lamp relay kit. Eastern Beaver 3CS fused accessory circuits. Matazu
luggage rack. LED bulbs, Rumble LED turn signal relay, Grote LED driving lamps installed in oem driving light housings. Michelin Commander II tires. Laconia luggage bag by T BAGS.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys.

2011 Vulcan Vaquero with V&H slash cut slip-ons K&N filter driving lights and passenger back rest.

2007 900 Classic LT S&S air kit,Roadhouse Classic 2-1 serrated,PC III (traded)
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 12:04 AM

I have both oem light bar and crash bars because I thought they both looked better than the aftermarket. Also, I got lucky and bought them both seperately and used but in very good condition on Ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode