Your Own Movie - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Your Own Movie

I just wanted to ask you guys if this is very common or just an oddity about me:
Any time I hop on my bike, and start my bike, I feel like a different person. It's as if I have become some hero of my own movie. It's even more obvious when I have my iPod cranking up some nice music. I have the impression that a lot of people are checking me out, especially at red lights.
I have the distinct feeling of being some bad ass hero of some nice movie.
Is this very common or is just me?
I would love to hear from you guys and what impression(s) you get when you hop on your bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 AM
V2K Rogue Wrangler

I always imagine I'm Billy Jack. Let's go kick some ass!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
I always imagine I'm Billy Jack. Let's go kick some ass!
I can understand that. I have a clear impression I am some badass going to save the girl and ride into the sunshine with her!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouka View Post
I have the impression that a lot of people are checking me out, especially at red lights.
They probably are! People check out bikes, especially cruisers. I get lots of looks. The best thing is the waves I get from little kids. I have my own little kids so I always wave back and smile.

I got talking to a guy outside my workplace the other day; we had both turned our heads when someone started up a Harley across the road. He said he didn't ride because his wife wouldn't let him but he was a big fan of bikes and especially liked bobbers. I pointed out my Custom that was parked just a few feet away. He said, "I've checked your bike out a few times and thought about how you could turn it into a bobber." Really made me realise how lucky I am to have my bike and ride it every day.

So yeah, you ARE a movie star Mouka!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuluun View Post
They probably are! People check out bikes, especially cruisers. I get lots of looks. The best thing is the waves I get from little kids. I have my own little kids so I always wave back and smile.

I got talking to a guy outside my workplace the other day; we had both turned our heads when someone started up a Harley across the road. He said he didn't ride because his wife wouldn't let him but he was a big fan of bikes and especially liked bobbers. I pointed out my Custom that was parked just a few feet away. He said, "I've checked your bike out a few times and thought about how you could turn it into a bobber." Really made me realise how lucky I am to have my bike and ride it every day.

So yeah, you ARE a movie star Mouka!
I don't think I am a movie star, but I am the hero of the movie that plays in my head when I ride my bike.
I guess a lot of us have a different personality that comes out when we hop on our bikes.
I am a very shy and very discrete person in real life, but I turn into a self-assured, good looking badass when I hop on the bike. At least, that's the movie I play in my head each time I ride my bike.
For me a bike is almost like therapy. Who needs a psychologist when you can ride your bike on a twisting road in the middle of nowhere? I don't. Any time I feel down or have a big problem. I just hop on the bike and it's a lost memory. I feel great as soon as I start moving.
Even the simple gestures of getting ready to ride turn into some sort of ritual, that is almost religious. Putting the gloves on, putting the key in, cranking up the engine, etc.
This is what I meant by my movie.
I am certain I am not the only one that feels this way.
Am I right in making this assumption?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM

I think most of us would agree with you completely about the therapeutic aspect of riding, and I see what you mean about the ritual too. For me it's almost a kind of meditation ... partly because of the riding position (because your feet and hands stay in the same place, unlike when you drive a car) and partly because of the heightened sense of awareness that riding gives you and that you have to have to do it safely.

I don't think I feel "badass" though ... the only time I felt that was test riding an MT-01. Now THAT'S therapy.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
You guys have all hit it out of the park. Whether it's theraputic, badass, or hero. It's the feeling of freedom when I ride, that I can just go any where. As far as a movie, I always come back to Easy Rider (just not the ending...

Looks to be a nice day for a ride...

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
You guys have all hit it out of the park. Whether it's theraputic, badass, or hero. It's the feeling of freedom when I ride, that I can just go any where. As far as a movie, I always come back to Easy Rider (just not the ending...

Looks to be a nice day for a ride...
Where I live, it's 24 degrees, and the streets are wet and very slippery.
What I do is talk to my bike. It helps me cope with this miserable weather.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouka View Post
Where I live, it's 24 degrees, and the streets are wet and very slippery.
What I do is talk to my bike. It helps me cope with this miserable weather.
Don't we all speak to our bikes? I think there's a thread about that...

Yeah, the weather this weekend should be 70 and clear. We maybe a broke state, but the weather is nice...

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

For those of you old enough to remember, I become Bronson from "Then Came Bronson", a television series that ran briefly in the 70s. A fellow's friend died and left him his Sportster, which he hops on an travels the country looking for adventure.

Dale

2010 Vulcan Voyager /Ooops - I totaled it!/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode