My butt hurts - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy My butt hurts

HELP! I have an 09 Vulvan 900 Classic LT. Just bought it 4 months ago and it just had its 500mi check. It's like new. I love the bike and the more I ride it the more I can,t wait to ride it again. Problem.. The stock seats are killing me. After a couple of hours I'm ready to be off it, plus the studs on the side of the seat chafes my wifes legs. We want to do some touring and my wife likes the looks of the wrap around seats the bigger bikes have like GW. Is there a solution for me besides buying a bigger bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mustang, Corbin, ... Mustang will let you order a seat and return it (undamaged, within 10 days or so) for a refund if it's not right. So will "Ultimate Seats".

Dale

2010 Vulcan Voyager /Ooops - I totaled it!/
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Ah Poncho

Poncho, Poncho, Poncho, you are one funny hombre. I think I let you join my gang, no? Seriously, my wifes not very big. The sides of the passenger seat is lined with studs and there not turning her on.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM

900 Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbi View Post
HELP! I have an 09 Vulvan 900 Classic LT. Just bought it 4 months ago and it just had its 500mi check. It's like new. I love the bike and the more I ride it the more I can,t wait to ride it again. Problem.. The stock seats are killing me. After a couple of hours I'm ready to be off it, plus the studs on the side of the seat chafes my wifes legs. We want to do some touring and my wife likes the looks of the wrap around seats the bigger bikes have like GW. Is there a solution for me besides buying a bigger bike?
I agree with, the OEM seat really sucks.
I got a Kawasaki gel seat of ebay for about 180.00 or something like that.
Rode from Cincinnati to Detroit, 5 1/2 hours only stopped for gas no problems.
Love this seat
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Mustang seat with drivers backrest. Thats the only way to go!

2008 Vulcan Classic LT
Baron Big Air
Vance & Hines pipes
Throttle lock
Passenger floor boards
Mustang seat with driver backrest
Highway pegs
PCV with Autotune
Kuryakyn power point
Highway bars
Kuryakyn highway pegs
Former owner of a 2008 Honda Rebel
Owner of a 1994 Honda Magna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
ohd,, nix the corbin.. had em.. sitting on a peice of drift wood is more komfortable.. an probly nicer lookin too,, as is looks is all corbin brings to table.. yeah, guys swear by em. hardkore, hardas..heads.
Don't scare me like that! Just a week or two ago I scored a Corbin Dual Tour off craigslist but won't get to try it out for at least two more months. I've been looking forward to it as anything has to be an improvement over the stock seat. For the price I just couldn't pass on it, plus I have actually had the pleasure of sitting on a small piece of wood for a few days. If the Corbin feels anything like that, I won't even try to resell it, I'll just set it on fire and get the Parts Unlimited seat.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Mustang, you own a two wheeled stallion. As far as a wrap around, MASH HERE and look around.

09 Vulcan 900 classic, VROC #31898
I'm not afraid of heights but I hate gravity! ❦
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Be patient and wait for a used Mustang to come up for sale. A lot of people take them off when they trade bikes and sell them at a good price. I got mine for half off doing that. If I trade or sell mine will be on the market for sure.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Top Contributor

You could get a Corbin like this. Or you could get this one. It's for sale. The backrest can go in either the passenger or rider position.

Shoot me a message if you'd like a price and/or more info.

I'd like to thank Ponch for the raving endorsement.

I've always found it to be very comfy, and it sits lower than the stock or Mustang seats.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM
V2K Rogue Wrangler

Between Scylla and Charybdis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbi View Post
Newbi,

I could be wrong, butt, regardless of what anyone else says on this thread, nobody makes a comfortable passenger seat for the Vulcan Classic LT. I been lookin' for one for over a year and I even tried to modify mine, butt, it didn't help. You have the right idea about finding something like the GW passenger seat, but nobody makes one for our Vulcans. I've been tempted to buy a used GW passenger seat and try to fit it on my VN2000. I just haven't taken the time to do the research.

Now, some folks will say that their passenger is quite happy with the seat they have, butt, some fannys are built different than others or are more sensitive. (like the princess and the pea) My princess needs something better than what I've been able to find.

In the meanwhile, I like riding 1 up, but am hearing more frequent inquiries from my princess about a better seat for riding 2 up.

I am currently using the Airhawk II air cushion and it works well for me. She can tolerate riding with the Airhawk, butt, the longer we go the more painful she gets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode