"Lizard Lights" Starter Kit - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

"Lizard Lights" Starter Kit

Hi everyone... I've searched and could not find what I was looking for and hoping someone here can help me. I would like to add "Lizardô Lights" Starter Kit to my Vulcan 900. I remember reading about led's and the power consumption etc. Does anyone have these leds that can help me on this one? I did not want to overlook anything before I purchase and install to leave myself stranded one night because I messed something up in the electrics on my bike.

If you do have these or any other companies leds would you mind posting a pic of where you put the controls for the leds?

thank you all very much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I had LEDs on my Sabre and I am installing Kury Moon lights on my Voyager this spring - Pretty straight forward install . . . Hook into a power supply, get a good ground and mount your lights where you need . . . The controls for the Kurys are kinda big as they have the on off switch - which I believe is a three position switch, plus a knob to adjust the timing of the lights, so find a place that it reachable, but out of sight - or install a remote on your lights.

For cost savings on thsi and any other Kury Product - Kury has an eBay outlet store named KA OUTLET - My absolute favorite eBay store - Generally scratch & dent stuff or discontinued items - I picked up my Moon light starter kit with (I think) 14 expander kits for under $100 . . . The last time I looked earlier this week they had a Lizard light starter and some expansion kits in their store as well . . .

Here is link to their store - They currently have a Lizard Starter for $199 and their discontinued SPider Starter for about 23 bucks - Wow big difference! They also have a triple Whammy RTB for the 900 for $75:

http://stores.ebay.com/KA-OUTLET?_rdc=1

2011 Voyager ABS

Thunder Air Kit
Cobra Tri Ovals/PowerPro
Wrapped Headers
CB/Rear Speakers
SageBrush Designs Tank Bib
Kury TourTech Mounts
Chrome Psgr board bottoms
14" Rifle Windshield
WOLO horn
Russell Day Long seat w/backrest
Kury T/S mirrors
Avon grips w/Throttle Magic by RacnRay
Kury Phase 6 LED Headlight & spotlights

Ride Bells by Sabrehood brothers MinatourAce and Outlaw

Blue Knights VA II
Ride With Pride
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

THANK YOU very much Napom!!! I never knew about their ebay store. I'm heading there now. I'm glad to read I should not have power problems after install. I remember seeing the controls for it as you mentioned it's pretty big but as you said install a remote (which I think is better)

Thanks again!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Nightfun: I don't know if you already purchased your light kit yet or not, but I got a nice setup from Fast lights Leds. They had their truck at a rally I went to last year and I purchased a chameleon set with a remote for a great price. If you go to the web site you will see the events that they are going too and a price list. I paid much less than the web site listing and got a bunch of extra parts thrown in. I am doing the installation myself as a winter over project but they spent about an hour showing me how to do it. Check out www.fastlightsleds.com and see if they may work for you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge View Post
Nightfun: I don't know if you already purchased your light kit yet or not, but I got a nice setup from Fast lights Leds. They had their truck at a rally I went to last year and I purchased a chameleon set with a remote for a great price. If you go to the web site you will see the events that they are going too and a price list. I paid much less than the web site listing and got a bunch of extra parts thrown in. I am doing the installation myself as a winter over project but they spent about an hour showing me how to do it. Check out www.fastlightsleds.com and see if they may work for you.
Thanks! I'll check em out. I have not purchased anything yet. Since it's in the 30's almost everyday I will have a month to do the work.

Thanks again!! I do appreciate it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone... I purchased a set of Lizard Lights. Actually they were purchased for me!

My question is, anyone with a 900 that have these? Where did you put the controller for them? Won't put em on until I can figure out where to put this controller. They are very bright and not as big as I thought.

Thanks!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

thanks for everyone's help. here's a few pics of the finish product. I put the controller under te seat you cannot see it at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(5).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	9942   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	9943  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement