Quick seat question? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
twp

Garage
Quick seat question?

Is there any difference in the stock seat I have on my 900 Custom an a stock seat on a Classic? I was wanting to get a little better seat for the passanger ( my wife ). The Classic passanger seat looks a little wider. I found a good deal on a classic seat.I want to get a Mustange seat but don't have the extra funds right now ( tax time ). I was thinking about getting the classic seat to use for a while.

Thanks Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp View Post
Is there any difference in the stock seat I have on my 900 Custom an a stock seat on a Classic? I was wanting to get a little better seat for the passanger ( my wife ). The Classic passanger seat looks a little wider. I found a good deal on a classic seat.I want to get a Mustange seat but don't have the extra funds right now ( tax time ). I was thinking about getting the classic seat to use for a while.

Thanks Tim
Yes the classic seat will fit on your custom! I have a Mustang seat so a buddy has my stock on his custom for the same reason(his wife) the classic seat is a little better but not by much, about 40 minutes and my wife had to get stop...but she loves the Mustang!!

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to tmanv2krider
I had a Fire and Steel gel seat on my 900 classic. It's not a bad seat for 240 bucks and had plenty of cushion for passengers. Might want to give it a look.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 AM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to philnadlol
HI

I put 1 seat Mustang on my Classic and the saddle is scheduled for Custom and Classic, it's the same. There are only two layers in place for the Custom. Everything was provided! The seat Kawa is better for passanger on the Classic.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

"Always laugh to life"
... God bless the bikers ... and sorry for my english
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VN 900 Classic Tourer (2009)

Last edited by philnadlol; 01-22-2012 at 05:17 AM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM

Garage
I am seriously considering buying a Kawasaki gel seat on eBay but I keep reading mixed reviews. I hear it is better than the stock seat but not as comfortable as the Mustang. I wonder if it best to wait and save up for the Mustang? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Agree with many, could not ride the stock seat for more then 50 miles before pain & numbness set in.

Went with a Corbin Dual Tour and will be adding the back rest for my wife. This is my second Corbin so I knew it would work for me. I can ride 300+ days with no pain or numbness in my back or tail bone. This model you can add two back rests, and heating if you so desire. Have been very pleased with the company and the quality over the years.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Found a really good gel seat at Chaparrall in San bernardino. Can't remember the make but there are only so many out there. Agreed that the seat can get pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hour riding. My last tour of wine country I thought my butt was going to drop off.

(just make sure you don't tell your wife "I need a wider seat to fit your ass." you'll be sleeping on the couch for a week.)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkudgoBang View Post
Found a really good gel seat at Chaparrall in San bernardino. Can't remember the make but there are only so many out there. Agreed that the seat can get pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hour riding. My last tour of wine country I thought my butt was going to drop off.

(just make sure you don't tell your wife "I need a wider seat to fit your ass." you'll be sleeping on the couch for a week.)
You didn't say that...

Chapparel has everything... Bought my bike from them. Really please with the service.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
I almost went with a Kaw Gel seat on my custom, but at the time they didn't offer one for the Custom. I drove to the dealer and asked if they would try a seat swap from a classic just to see it would work. It would not latch. So I bought the Mustang Vintage Wide Touring and love it. Turns out the catch on the custom seat mounts at a different height than the classic and you have to shim out the catch about 1/2" so it will reach the lock. Seems like most people like the gel seat for a few K miles but then the gel starts to break down and bunch up (just like the Mustang site warns it will). I've got 20K miles on my Mustang and it's still as comfortable and good looking as day 1! My vote is save your pennies for a real seat and forego the Kaw product.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
twp

Garage
Thanks for all the info. I missed out on the seat. So now I will have to make up my mind on what to get. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode