Solo Seat with Bobber Fender? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Solo Seat with Bobber Fender?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has, or knows about, matching a nice solo seat (like a Saddlemen Renegade solo) with a rear bobber fender? I was orginally planning on going with the Blue Collar Bobber setup, bobbed fender and wide springer seat, because I really like that look. But reflecting upon it further I would probably prefer a more comfortable seat since I plan on commuting on the bike (40 miles one way) every day. The BCB seats look like good quality but still not as comfy as a padded solo seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Top Contributor

Could you get their fender and whatever other parts you want, and use a different (Saddlemen) seat? Or do they just sell the BCB as a complete kit?

I don't know about using a bobber as a commuter though. I carry my linch & a couple other things to work, so I need saddlebags. And to me saddlebags look kinda funny on a bobber. It would sure beat not riding, though.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.

Last edited by Bill Braske; 01-16-2012 at 07:31 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

I could order the parts separately but I was wondering if anyone tried using a different seat. It looks the Saddlemen seat would follow the contours of the stock fender and there would be a gap with a sheet metal bobbed fender. I'm looking into the Britts/KustomWerks fenders and the Sumo-X fender as alternatives.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Top Contributor

I gotcha. You could always have 1 seat for looks and 1 for comfort, but then of course you're talking more $. Good luck in your quest, and we'll be wanting pics of the finished product.

900s make bitchin' bobbers.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Top Contributor

Send a message via AIM to doughrek
I have a britt seat and fender listed in the forsale section if interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode