Memphis Lowers Installation - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Memphis Lowers Installation

Fellow riders,

Just need some advice on Memphis Lowers install on my bike. I ride with 21" Memphis Fats and the buffeting is unreal. After reading the forums I have ordered the Memphis lowers. The install from cruiser customizing video seems straightforward with the ring clamps. However, I am concerned about scratching or damaging the pipes of the forks. Any suggestion for protection? Perhaps some kind of rubberizing tape first or even vinyl electrical tape neatly applied? Or am I over paranoid? Brand new bike and all. All comments and suggestions welcome...thank you.

2010 VN900 Classic
Memphis Fats 21"
Show Chrome Back Rest and Saddle Stays
RAM Mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkazanov View Post
Fellow riders,

Just need some advice on Memphis Lowers install on my bike. I ride with 21" Memphis Fats and the buffeting is unreal. After reading the forums I have ordered the Memphis lowers. The install from cruiser customizing video seems straightforward with the ring clamps. However, I am concerned about scratching or damaging the pipes of the forks. Any suggestion for protection? Perhaps some kind of rubberizing tape first or even vinyl electrical tape neatly applied? Or am I over paranoid? Brand new bike and all. All comments and suggestions welcome...thank you.
I have them on my 900. The clamps have a rubber type tape already on them. No fear of scratching.
Bill
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

Just be sure not to overtighten.... I have Memphis Shades lowers and managed to put a small crimp in the fork tube cover by over tightening....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkazanov View Post
Fellow riders,

The clamps have a coating on them Yes,but DO NOT twist them or SLIDE them into position,dont ask me how i know this!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 PM

And you will be thrilled at the difference they make!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Members..thank you for the replies...those tubes do seem kind of thin...I will be careful with setting of the screws.

2010 VN900 Classic
Memphis Fats 21"
Show Chrome Back Rest and Saddle Stays
RAM Mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode