V&H Fuel Pack vs. Power Commander - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

V&H Fuel Pack vs. Power Commander

I am about to put an exhaust on and don't know if I should go fuel pak or PC. The pc website doesn't even pull up an 2009 vn900 to get programs for. The fuel pak can be adjusted at the pack. I have no idea which is better performancewise either. I am going with VH Slash Cut and KN filter in the stock airbox. Your help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Top Contributor

I have a Cobra FI2000R fuel processor and to me that no different than the fuel pack, it only allows you to curve the air and fuel mixture and I think its a pain in the ass to get it just right. now if you go with the pc witch is what I wish I would have done, you should be able to download a map from the their website for your setup but the map will not be specifically for your bike but will get you by. I would recommend you find a shop in your area that has a dyno machine that can build a map just for your bike and that where you'll get your best preformance out of your bike. It's not cheap to have it done, anywhere between $250-$350. A buddy has a 900C with V&H slash cuts, Hypercharger with the PC5 and had it dyno'd and his 9 just walked away from me on my 9. Good Luck!

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Top Contributor

Both the Fuelpak and Power Commander allow you to add and remove fuel so they pretty much can be configure to do the same job. The only big difference is PC has more available maps available to download. Don't worry about the year, select a earlier model and you'll get the maps.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
I have the Cobra Fi2000R PowerPro fuel processor and my bike always runs perfectly with very, very little popping. It adjusts fuel/air mixture based on readings taken 80 times per second. Theres no need to dyno, worry about maps, or make on the fly adjustments. It is truly plug and ride. Want to change pipes, it adjusts automatically. Air cleaner, it adjusts, change in altitude, it adjusts. The only drawback is cost ($489.95 at Phat Performance). Still, it's less than paying for the Powercommander and having a custom map made, or purchasing the autotune function with O2 sensor. Good luck with your choice.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Lifetime Premium

plus 1 on the FI2000 Power pro.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Lifetime Premium

Has anyone seen an independent test done on the PowerPro? I was hoping by now one of the biker mags would have done a before and after, even if it isn't on a Vulcan. I'm interested in seeing some hard figures 'cause one of these days the PCIII I have on one of my other bikes will fail and I'd like to give the new technology a try.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Has anyone seen an independent test done on the PowerPro? I was hoping by now one of the biker mags would have done a before and after, even if it isn't on a Vulcan. I'm interested in seeing some hard figures 'cause one of these days the PCIII I have on one of my other bikes will fail and I'd like to give the new technology a try.
I got mine on to late in the season for a dyno run plus I'm still breaking the motor in. I can say for sure, the bike runs smoother and pulls a lot harder. As far as HP goes, i have no idea, i run just the Hypercharger with stock pupes, noise is not my thing. I will put it on the dyno in the summer after its 1st service.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode