scootworks pulley - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

scootworks pulley

I just wanted to let everyone know that scootworks is having a December sale. By using promo code santa you get an additional discount and there is free shipping with orders over $100. I ordered a front OD pulley and it cost me $171.00 with the discount and free shipping. Sale ends December 31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 PM

from everything i have read about them, they could take 75% off and i still wouldn't want one.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I have had no problems with them i am getting my pulley on Sat. I ordered it on Dec 28 and it will get to me on the 31st.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:50 PM

no, i meant with the pulley. everything i have read talks about the crappy quality. pre-mature wear and stuff like that.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Top Contributor

I had a bad experience with a SW front pulley some two years ago. Blame it all to myself as I bought it used and for a while thought it was defective. I gave them a second chance and order a new sw front pulley and I was so impressed that I order the rear one as well. No issues at all and coudn't be happier. I truly would have traded my 900 earlier this year if it wasnt for the SW pulleys!

But I don't buy straight from them, I use their dealers and take advantage of free shipping and better prices.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

V Twin I see in your modifications you have both pulley's and a 200 rear tire. i was told that you can not put a 200 rear tire with a front SW pulley. did you have to make some modifications to fit the rear 200 tire?

Last edited by 08custom; 12-29-2011 at 09:49 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWBOYcafe View Post
no, i meant with the pulley. everything i have read talks about the crappy quality. pre-mature wear and stuff like that.
I guess everyones entitled to their own opinion but I tend to listen more closely to people that have actually had personal experience with a product rather than 2nd and 3rd hand info somebody read somewhere. As a rule of thumb derived from my own experience in motorsports parts sales for quite a number of years I found that about 90 to 95 % of the people that were happy with a product very seldom wrote reviews or expressed their opinions. Most reviews written by people who never had hands on experience with a product itself can be somewhat dubious at best. Scootworks did have some issues of their own along with the fact the Kawasaki used three different vendors to supply their drive belts. Some were more compatible with the aftermarket pulley than others. Scootworks did stand up to the problems and worked with people to correct these issues. I've got the rear pulley and have experienced very positive results using it along with a 200 Metzler. I worked for a Kaw dealer that sold scootworks products and found them to be both co-operative and responsive to any customer issues. RIDE SAFE
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08custom View Post
V Twin I see in your modifications you have both pulley's and a 200 rear tire. i was told that you can not put a 200 rear tire with a front SW pulley. did you have to make some modifications to fit the rear 200 tire?
Running the front scootworks pulley only with a 200 tire can cause clearance problems due to the larger diameter of the front pulley taking up some of the overall belt length and causing the rear wheel to move forward. The rear scootworks pulley has a slightlly smaller overall diameter which offsets the larger diameter of the front pulley moving the rear wheel back again so as to allow clearance. Actually using the rear pulley alone along with a 200 tire moves the rear tire back somewhat from the stock position and centers the tire within the overall curvature of the rear fender making for a more balanced or even looking appearance. Rear pulley alone along with the 200 gives you about 10 - 11 % overall RPM reduction. I'm running this with a metzler and have noticed no loss in bottom end performance and actually feel the bike handles better. Shift points are spread out slightly making it feel smoother overall. RIDE SAFE
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWBOYcafe View Post
I have been riding with the front pulley for about 12000 miles. No problems here.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Rog_rides_again
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08custom View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that scootworks is having a December sale. By using promo code santa you get an additional discount and there is free shipping with orders over $100. I ordered a front OD pulley and it cost me $171.00 with the discount and free shipping. Sale ends December 31.
Thanks man... I just ordered the rear pulley and saved $32.00 bucks...With the front pulley already installed and making a difference the rear pulley will make it even nicer for the days when you want to push er. GRD ...Thanks again, Just another reason I like this forum

Roger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic
Candy Plasma Blue
switch blade windshield W/70-q205 mounting kit
backrest
luggage rack
saddle bags-california classic 100 series 7"x18"x11"
part # 55-bm146a
custom world chrome lowers
stock pipes w/baffle drilled and plug removed
mustang vintage wide touring seat #76127
cobra passenger floor boards
front scootworks pulley
Rear scootworks pulley
windshield bag
12 volt power supply
engine guard
Kensun HID headlight kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode