Fuelpak with stock pipes? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Fuelpak with stock pipes?

I bought my 2008 900 Custom with VH Slash Cut Staggered pipes installed and also have the stock pipes. Even with quiet baffles installed and wearing noise-canceling earphones I find the pipes too loud (I measured 94-94dB at 2500RPM sitting on the bike), and I prefer to not lose my hearing (my ears ring after I ride).

Along with the bike and the loud pipes came a fuelpak. My question is - does it make sense to keep the fuelpak and re-program it for the stock pipes? Will there be any benefit? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Black
Garage
Hi, I would leave it on the bike, just adjust to off or re-set it for the way you like it. I do not know what air intake you have but even with all stock set-up, the bike come turned to meet EPA. I would say a stock bike with the fuelpak set to the min would run better and cooler then stock. If you run a K and N air filter and stock pipes like I do, I have mine set to 1/2, 1/2, 0 and the bike runs great. If you do not like it or think you do not need it you can always remove it and sell it. If you want to sell these pipes let me know, I maybe interested. Hope that helped.

07, Nomad, Fairing, 4 speakers, AM/FM USB/GPS, Cell holder/charger, Throttle lock, 13" Handlebars/Grips, Head Light Modulator, 1 off seat w/backrest, V and H pipes, Intake K and N 9" filters, Cobra FI Processor, Side rails on bags, leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. Sometimes have Rear trunk on 1 off rack or bag in place of rear seat, Foot pegs, hard 1 off lowers on engine guard, Wolo horn, fork lowers. Black with some chrome.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Fuel pak with stock intake?

I'm thinking about putting those V&H pipes on my 2009 Classic LT. If I use the stock intake, do I still need to re-tune the bike?

09 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

I have these pipes. Deeper sound compared to oem pipes debaffled. You will not need fuelpak with oem intake... marbeling if you get after fire. Make sure bolts are torqued to spec. Check again after 100 or so miles.

2010 vn900c se
Riding in foggy/rainy San Fransciso
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf900 View Post
I'm thinking about putting those V&H pipes on my 2009 Classic LT. If I use the stock intake, do I still need to re-tune the bike?
If you just do the pipes, the bike will still run OK without the re-tune, but it will not run any better, so why not do the K and N air filter (which in the long run is cheaper then a stock air filter) and add a FI2000, then you can adjust the bike for whatever you have or change. Many have just done the pipes and are happy with that and like I said the bike will be OK, so if that is as far as you want to go, just do that and ride. hope that helped.

07, Nomad, Fairing, 4 speakers, AM/FM USB/GPS, Cell holder/charger, Throttle lock, 13" Handlebars/Grips, Head Light Modulator, 1 off seat w/backrest, V and H pipes, Intake K and N 9" filters, Cobra FI Processor, Side rails on bags, leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. Sometimes have Rear trunk on 1 off rack or bag in place of rear seat, Foot pegs, hard 1 off lowers on engine guard, Wolo horn, fork lowers. Black with some chrome.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
when only putting on pipes you dont need any type of management system. but to get full performanace out of the bike, then you should do it. in the long run if you plan to keep the bike i would do it. also getting a new filter changes a lot too. more air flow so you would need to correct the Air Fuel Ratio. same for the exhaust. the new after market exhaust is more free flowing allowing more air in thr system. if you get a lot of back firing or even lower mileage then get a management system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VROC Number: 35103
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

I'm running the stock pipes now, along with a KN filter in a stock filter housing. Would any one know the VH Fuelpak map settings for this setup? Thanks.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:41 AM

So I ordered the pipes and will be installing them myself. Any tips or things I should watch for during the install? Thanks.

09 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

When I removed the VH pipes and put back the stock pipes I figured it out just by looking at them; that's how straightforward it is. Also, the aftermarket pipes come with instructions, so it should be a breeze to do the swap. You'll be re-using most of the stock bolts, so keep them handy. Good luck, especially with your hearing - they are LOUD!!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Would someone have the VH Fuelpak map for an 08 Custom with stock pipes and a KN filter in a stock housing? I have emailed VH but they are away the entire Holiday season. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode