Hypercharger missing vacuum hose and T-adapter - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Hypercharger missing items?

I just got my Kuryakin Hypercharger. Is does not include the vacuum hose and T-adapter. Is this normally, included? This forum has great instruction on how to install the adapter and the hypercharger. It noted that one is included... am I wrong?

Also, the adopter kit doesn't come with a gasket?

2010 vn900c se
Riding in foggy/rainy San Fransciso

Last edited by Tiefighter; 12-15-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM

those parts should have been included with the Hypercharger as far as I know,when I got mine everything was included for hookup...I didn't have to purchase anything extra.Contact the company where you bought it from and let them know....they should send you the missing parts
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTL Rider View Post
those parts should have been included with the Hypercharger as far as I know,when I got mine everything was included for hookup...I didn't have to purchase anything extra.Contact the company where you bought it from and let them know....they should send you the missing parts
Same here .... all included with mine as well, it hooks up to the rear of the hypercharger off the bottom of the T. The gsket is self explanetary.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

I contacted the manufacturer as well as Phat Performance. I guess the new adapter kit does not come with gasket for vn900. Manufacturer suggested using grease. I think that is bad idea, as it can get sucked in to intake. Phat Performance was nice enough to open a new package to see if my kit was just missing a gasket. The one they opened was same... no gasket. They suggested using silicon to seal. This is better than using grease, but I opted to use a real gasket. Since I could not find one readily and I was not about to wait another couple of weeks, I decided to make my own gasket. I did some research and found that folks making own gasket all over the place... especially folks building custom hot rods. Also look at some youtube on how-to. There is a guy hammering the paper against the machined metal. That didn't look right, so I looked at couple more and found a good instruction.

After I found out what material to buy, and how to make one, I went to local auto parts and bought gasket sheet. Got 1/16" Fel-Pro Karropak material and made my own. Made the first cut out of plain paper and once I got a good fit, I used the plain paper template to outline on the gasket paper. Perfect fit.

So if you ever need a gasket, all you need are:
Gasket sheet-about $5 for a huge roll
sharp scissor
hole puncher (for paper)-I got one that does single hole from office depot. You can look through the bottom of it to see the outline of where the hole needs to be.

2010 vn900c se
Riding in foggy/rainy San Fransciso
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:39 PM

mine did not come with a gasket also. i didnt make one for it either.

2009 VN900 Custom SE
Arlen Ness tear drop mirrors. Black.
Smoked signal lights.
Lowering Kit
Hypercharger
HardKrome Strippers
PowerCommander V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode