Here I sit......... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here I sit.........

Here I sit all broken hearted tried to........ Wait wrong story!

As the cold weather rolls in, rain and snow in the forecast for the next few months I contemplate what will I do to my Vulcan while it sits unused in the garage. While I long for the feel of the wind in my face and the freedom of the open road wanting to tuff it out and bundle up on a brisk sunny 35 degree day! I hold back my urges and dream of 75 degree temps and not being on call.

I am waiting on Santa to bring me my shiny new forward controls. My wife to get me new stainless steel braided cables for my birthday. Then I can treat my mistress to some TLC. Powder coat the calipers, add a couple more lights, new head light and turn signals. Then top it all off with a nice shinny intake!

I just wanted to share my thoughts.

2008 VN900C Torch Red
ISO Flame grips
230 Rear Tire
Scootworks 2" Lowering kit
Techglide Forwards
SS Braided lines
Britt Racing Exhaust
Cobra Power Flow intake X2
Avon 90/90-21 Front
Kuryakyn side mount plate
Kuryakyn LED turns amber/red
Memphis Shades Batwing w/custom speakers
Sadleman renegade solo
L&M front fender
L&M chin spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I'm on the same boat. Wish I had the money to get some good stuff for the 900. Really want a light bar and sissy bar with bags.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VROC Number: 35103
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM

I just ride year round & bundle up. Takes the blues away!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Two words: electric vest. Best money I ever spent.

'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
'08 Concours 14
'05 CBR1000RR Repsol
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Top Contributor

I go out and sit on it & make motorcycle noises. I can tell the neighbor kid is envious.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

What brand electric vest and how do you attach to the battery? I ride all year long in MO, and have installed heated grips, but still don't have anything for the body with the exception of a good pair of snowboarder pants and a heavy leather coat....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa afterthought View Post
What brand electric vest and how do you attach to the battery? I ride all year long in MO, and have installed heated grips, but still don't have anything for the body with the exception of a good pair of snowboarder pants and a heavy leather coat....
Both Gerbing's and Warm n' Safe hook up the same way. Each comes with a wiring kit. Two wires. The positive lead (with the fuse) goes directly to the positive terminal on the battery. The other goes directly on the negative (ground) battery terminal. The lead hooks up to either an on/off switch or a heat controller, which I recommend because you can select the amount of heat you want. The jacket lead connects to the wire coming out of the controller box. You'll have to decide where you want to secure the controller box. I have mine velcro'd to the frame just in front of the left side cover. Piece of cake.

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post
I go out and sit on it & make motorcycle noises. I can tell the neighbor kid is envious.
At least you can! I live in NYC and garage parking not worth the money so Stella is an hour away at my sisters. I just bought some toys for her and I am dying to throw them on.

Stella
2008 Vulcan 900 Custom
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Power Commander III
Kuryakyn ISO-Grips
Kuryakyn SwitchBlade foot pegs
Corbin Young Guns seat
Kurakyn throttle assist
Memphis Shades Pop Top Winshield
Show Chrome Neck Covers
Kuryakyn curved license plate frame
Saddleman Tunnelbag
Shorai 14ah Battery
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa afterthought View Post
I got a Tourmaster vest with collar. It comes complete with everything you need to hook it up and ride. The others make you buy the heat controller.
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...-p-361_59.html
I had Battery Tender leads on my 3 bikes so I bought an adapter wire to hook the vest up without adding another pigtail to the battery. My dealer sold me the vest for $100 and it's the best hundred bucks I've ever spent on riding.

'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
'08 Concours 14
'05 CBR1000RR Repsol
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
nice bikes you got there nsx.

i might look into buying a jacket and gloves too but dont ride too far in winter to actually make use of them. but maybe that will change if i do get them.

VROC Number: 35103
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode