hello....again! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

hello....again!

technically i am not a new member, but it has been a long time since i posted. i use to have a vulcan 500, (which turned out to be a turd from day one), about a year and a half ago, then a ninja 250 for about a year, now i have a 2009 vulcan 900 classic i bought new as a carry-over model in july this year. i got a pretty good deal on it because it was a carry-over, and now the wife is happy because she can ride with me again. i really like this bike. it seems like an awesome bike so far, and i have owned quite a few over the years to compare it with. since i have got it i have put about 5000 miles on it, as i ride it every day as my daily driver. i haven't changed a whole lot on it yet except for changing the seat, and adding a windshield, backrest, luggage rack, saddlebag supports, saddlebags, and tankbag. the saddlebags i took back off because they turned out to be crappy quality. i had bought the saddleman highwayman jumbo bags, and after using them for about a month, the straps started to break. really dissappointed in them. the mustang seat i have on it is the plain mustang seat with no backrest. but i got it for free, so i cant complain. yes, i said free. the reason is, at the dealer where i bought my bike, a couple of months ago they had a used vulcan 900 classic setting out front with a mustang seat on it, so i stopped in and talked to a guy i happen to know there, (who just happens to be the manager), and asked him if he would trade me seats. i honestly didn't expect him to, or if he did, to atleast ask for a money difference. he shocked me by pulling the seat off, telling me to hand him my stock seat, and saying "we're good man, hit the road". blew me away. i was planning on buying one with income tax money anyway, but shoot, i'll take one for free. i can live without the drivers backrest. i had a mustang seat on the 650 vstar i use to have and i love them. i mean sure, your butt will start to get tired after so many hours in the saddle, but i haven't seen a bike yet that that didn't happen. i have seen on here about how people are having problems with their stators, and i hope i dont anytime soon. my bike does make a slight whining on acceleration sometimes, but i know the sounds of a bike and mine just sounds like the tranny, because of the straight-cut gears. i had one other bike that did the same thing many years ago. i have a 900 custom rear wheel i will be putting on it when i have to get a new tire, and i am currently looking for a 900 custom front wheel as well. i like aluminum wheels and tubeless tires myself, but still like the classic fenders and looks. maybe i will just have the aluminum on the back and the spoke on the front. dont know, might look good. anyways, i know i'm rambling, and you people are probably tired of reading, so let me just say hello, and i enjoy the heck out of my 900 so far. i will try to get pics up soon when it isnt raining and i can take some good ones.

Last edited by KAWBOYcafe; 12-05-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

There was someone on here looking to swap out rims from "custom for classic" wheels. Check out the for sale / wanted section on the home page. You may also need a custom front fender due to the larger rim / tire size.

Welcome back.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
There was someone on here looking to swap out rims from "custom for classic" wheels. Check out the for sale / wanted section on the home page. You may also need a custom front fender due to the larger rim / tire size.

Welcome back.
thanks for the info. i'll check it out. actually i will be keeping the stock classic front fender no matter what i do. i have measured it and all i will have to do is make some 1.5"-2" extensions for the fender bracket. wont be too hard, i've done it before on a different bike. plus, i think it would look cool with the 21" custom front wheel up under the stock classic fender. i hope so anyway. i still havent made up my mind about that part of it yet. like i said, i may just keep the spoke on the front, and put the disc on the back. dont know yet. what do you guys think? i'll always take advice, i'm not that stubborn yet.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 AM

welcome back. I had a 500 in high school I really loved it (first bike) Had a few issues here and there like the shifter broke off one day on the free way as I went to downshift (bad welding job). Love my 900LT. Wish I got a mustang seat the saddlemen solo is ok but if you're looking for a backrest and you like your seat theres always this one meant for the classic: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21500

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt
I've done some things to her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode