Vance and Hines Fuelpak and Hypercharger Question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Vance and Hines Fuelpak and Hypercharger Question

Anyone using Vance and Hines Fuelpak with a Hyper Charger?

I have VN900C with V&H Twin Slashed Staggered Pipes and I am considering getting this Hypercharger:
KA-600162 - Thunder MFG Hyper Charger - Type A Black

I did not see any hyper charger map on V&H site... I did email them (and waiting for reply).

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Fuelpak and hypercharger.

2010 vn900c se
Riding in foggy/rainy San Fransciso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

Hey there, i did not use the fuel pak and can not tell from the post whether you already have purchased it or not.

Here is a link to a previous thread that i did ... https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20237

I kept my stock pipes with the hypercharger but used a cobra FI 2000 power pro "auto tune", i used to be a dyno and map guy but got converted. This fuel processor works as advertised. Justs gives you another option.

There is a hypercharger install pictorial on page 4 of the link supplied, in the 4th post, it is accurate, i have zero mechanical ability and did it myself. The power pro is simple to install, just follow the instructions supplied, its a little fiddly to get to the injectors and small hands are a bonus, but i also got it done with out any real drama.

Get it all installed, ride the bike and wind it out thru the gears and it sets itself regardless of the configuration that you may have, and then self adjusts from there.

Any questions, just holler.

cheers Maurice

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiefighter View Post
Anyone using Vance and Hines Fuelpak with a Hyper Charger?

I have VN900C with V&H Twin Slashed Staggered Pipes and I am considering getting this Hypercharger:
KA-600162 - Thunder MFG Hyper Charger - Type A Black

I did not see any hyper charger map on V&H site... I did email them (and waiting for reply).

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Fuelpak and hypercharger.
From what other posters have said, including other forums, the Hypercharger is on a par with other free flow air kits. I think you're OK using a map that lists an after market air cleaner.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Vance and Hines tech wrote back:

"I would first replace the air intake. If you notice anything wrong with it, use FP-4261. That is for intake and exhaust. They are very similar though, just a bit richer. "

This is if you are using V&H Twin Slashed Staggered pipe with quiet baffle.

2010 vn900c se
Riding in foggy/rainy San Fransciso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode