Aftermarket Mirrors Question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Aftermarket Mirrors Question

Not that the stock mirrors on my Classic 900 are bad, but I'd like to spiffy it up with some nice-looking mirrors. I'm wondering if there is a brand and style that is particularly popular. I put some Kuryakyn mirrors on my wife's Yamaha VStar 1100 Custom several years ago, but, unlike the stock mirrors, these were practically useless at speed. Images in them were completely blurred. I would like some mirrors that remain clear at all speeds, if possible. Oh, and I'm not interested in skulls, iron crosses, etc.. Just a nice oval or semi-oval shape. Thanks.

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Top Contributor

i had these on my 9 and have them on my v2k, i can see pretty good out of them. But not as good as stock. Kury products are very overpriced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Vul...item5ae3e353f9
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:26 PM

I had kyur. I prefer drag specialties. Your best bet google. Or you can try meancycles.com

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Thanx, guys, I'll check it out. BTW, the ones on EBay look like the same ones I put on the VStar for my wife. I still don't know why they were so blurry.

'09 650 VStrom
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad46 View Post
Thanx, guys, I'll check it out. BTW, the ones on EBay look like the same ones I put on the VStar for my wife. I still don't know why they were so blurry.
Were they metal or chromed plastic? The stock mirrors are heavy and have few points that can vibrate loose when riding. I initially replaced the stockers with a cheap pair that were plastic. I did not know that when I purchased them. I think the light weight allowed them to vibrate and display a blurry image. I replaced those with a sturdier metal set. They have 2 moveable points (stem to mirror and stem to adapter). One mirror is blurry, the other is crystal clear. The clutch side won't tighten completely at the stem-to-adapter point because the adapter is just a bit too long. Actually, it tightens but vibrates loose over time, resulting in a blurred image.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Top Contributor

these ones are metal,
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWOOSKI View Post
Were they metal or chromed plastic? The stock mirrors are heavy and have few points that can vibrate loose when riding. I initially replaced the stockers with a cheap pair that were plastic. I did not know that when I purchased them. I think the light weight allowed them to vibrate and display a blurry image. I replaced those with a sturdier metal set. They have 2 moveable points (stem to mirror and stem to adapter). One mirror is blurry, the other is crystal clear. The clutch side won't tighten completely at the stem-to-adapter point because the adapter is just a bit too long. Actually, it tightens but vibrates loose over time, resulting in a blurred image.
They were metal mirrors. Could just have been the way they mounted on the bike. I thought they seemed pretty solid at the time, but there was something about them that they were blurry. Actually, they were very clear up to about 50 mph, then they started to blur. Above 55 mph they were useless. Unfortunately.

'09 650 VStrom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode