Anyone tried a "Butty Buddy"?? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Anyone tried a "Butty Buddy"??

Just wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has, tried a "Butty Buddy" seat?? (first saw the ad on this forum). Curious as to whether they work or are just a gimmic.

I am looking at one for my Custom's pillion seat as an alternative to a full aftermarket seat replacement (freight is expensive to Australia - almost $200!!).

I like the idea of it being removable when no needed and I have no problem with comfort on the stock rider's seat, so don't need a new seat from my perspective, only for my better half!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 PM

I have the "BB" Seat. I had to do something because the little woman was in real pain on anything beyond a half hour ride on the stock Custom seat. The "BB" Seat is a huge improvement. She is happy with this seat. When the little woman is happy, I'm happy. The advantage of this seat is when you don't need it, it packs away in its own carry bag, which fits easily in my saddlebags. This allows me to keep the original seat styling, that I really like. The only "buyers remorse" thoughts I've had, is maybe I should have just gone the extra mile and bought a Mustang Seat, for about twice the bucks. Then I would have a more comfortable seat for myself, as well!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramakill View Post
Anyone tried a "Butty Buddy"?
i know some people who have, but i havent done that since my college years. HAHAHA, nah, just kidding. i never even went to college.

on a serious note, my wife tried one of these a couple of years ago and she wasnt too impressed. oh, she said it was okay, but not really worth the price. according to her, and i fully agree, its better to just spend a little more moolah and get a better seat. personally, i recommend mustangs seats, but get what suits you. corbin make some good seats too, as does Le-Pera, etc.

just my $.02

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 03:29 PM

I have a mustang seat because the stock seat was so uncomfortable.
I did look at the butt buddy but the mustang pillion seat is 13 inches at its widest and the buddy clamps can only expand to 11 inches.
So I went out and purchased a rubber pad at walmart, all is good now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Garage
bought the butt buddy, wife didn't like it, got a mustang, problem solved

05' VN1500 Classic ~ Black - Bone Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode