thanksgiving gifted - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Talking thanksgiving gifted

well I found this on craigslist the other day and the wife let me buy it. a brand new in box bob dron fairing for $100! I was pretty stoked. Since my family isn't here with me today (except the mutts) and I don't have to work I decided to start cutting and drilling to make this fit. So last night went to homedepot and picked up some #2 1/2 brackets (forks are 1.25")

then I cut the drons brackets to shorten them up and test fitted. didn't like it so drilled some holes to move the fairing a bit back and a tad lower. then after several more test fits I had to make a bracket from the lower fork clamp to the drons brackets to keep everything stable. then viola! all done. Was a lot easier explaining than it was to actually do lol. I am very pleased with it for now later on might move it back a lil more but for now im exhausted hungry and need to order some paint to spray this thing with.

if any questions please ask I know my garage and bike are mess a right now.

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt
I've done some things to her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
That is an awesome price for that fairing. I want one of those so bad I'm looking forward to your pics.

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Got a few views no opinions looks horrible???

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicFlo View Post
Got a few views no opinions looks horrible???
looks good so far... Can you get wider shots?

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

still needs paint i can't move it back much more or when the bars are locked out itll hit the tank. I could lower it a bit but I like where it sits to block the wind. I get told often my bike is a big bike and this makes it look even bigger lol. But I'd like some insight.

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 06:24 PM

I think it looks pretty damn good,and even better when painted. I like it better than my full Vulcan windshield!Good job!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Thanks for the wider pics... Definitely makes her look like a bigger bike How's the wind protection?

Ps. Your whole set up looks real nice.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

thanks a lot guys I'm sure theres others who arent saying anything to just be polite but looking for honest feedback.

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:20 PM

Not usually a fan of batwings, but yours looks good. Look forward to seeing it painted.

Cheers
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
VicFlow,

could you post some shots of how you mounted the fairing? and what hardware you used?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode