mustang seats, are they good! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Talking mustang seats, are they good!

I have a vulcan 900 custom and I'm thinking of replacing the seat as I had back surgery a year ago so I want the most comfort that I can get. I've heard mustang seats are very good but they sit a little higher than the stock seats which isnt much of an issue as the comfort, if I go over a bump I don't want to feel it in my spine. Any other seats out there that may be a good alternative, I also want to have the backrest added which should aid in comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:47 PM

I also have a bad back. The Classic that I purchased used already had the Mustang seats with the backrest. Some days I think the Motorcycle is more comfortable than the car. The backrest is really nice. Sorry I don't have much experience with other seats. But I'm very happy with the Mustang seats.

2003 Vulcan 1500 Classic
Vance Hines pipes
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Top Contributor

I have a Mustang on my Classic LT...The best upgade I've done to the bike, I and the wife love it. I can't answer for the Mustang seat for the custom, but just to let you know that my seat will fit a custom also. If you ride 2up alot, it might be something to think about! In my opinion, it's worth every penny!

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Top Contributor

I bought a Mustang Vintage Wide Touring seat and found it not much different than stock... I did not like it at all......anyway, I dont think they are so hot but many folks swear by them.

I finally found Russell Seats... they make a seat called the Daylong that solved all my long distance ride issues.... it works well particularly if you are a big person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
I have a vulcan 900 custom and I'm thinking of replacing the seat as I had back surgery a year ago so I want the most comfort that I can get. I've heard mustang seats are very good but they sit a little higher than the stock seats which isnt much of an issue as the comfort, if I go over a bump I don't want to feel it in my spine. Any other seats out there that may be a good alternative, I also want to have the backrest added which should aid in comfort

2009 V2K / Vietnam Vet / PGR rider
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Top Contributor

IMO, from my experience, the Mustang is better than the stock OEM seat, but that's about all I can say about it. My wife was uncomfortable with her Mustang seat as well.

We both now have Russell seats on our 900 Classics and are very comfortable now. The Russell is more expensive than the Mustang, about $200 more, and worth every penny of it, too. It's a truly custom made seat and they make it exactly to your needs and specifications. I don't know where you live, but it's really worthwhile to arrange for a ride-in appointment to have your seat made because you're right there for the fittings. Of course if you live on the other side of the country that wouldn't be very convenient. We are fortunate to live just a day's drive to Redding, CA.

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Banned

The Mustang seat is AMAZING. Well worth the cost.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard rider View Post
I have a Mustang on my Classic LT...The best upgade I've done to the bike, I and the wife love it. I can't answer for the Mustang seat for the custom, but just to let you know that my seat will fit a custom also. If you ride 2up alot, it might be something to think about! In my opinion, it's worth every penny!
What he said..........

Brian

'09 900 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT, titanium/white, tach, Kawasaki light bar, CTEK battery maintainer, Powerlet outlets for GPS, cell phone, etc. Mustang touring seat.
Eastern Beaver headlamp/driving lamp relay kit. Eastern Beaver 3CS fused accessory circuits. Matazu
luggage rack. LED bulbs, Rumble LED turn signal relay, Grote LED driving lamps installed in oem driving light housings. Michelin Commander II tires. Laconia luggage bag by T BAGS.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
After trying a Corbin on my Sabre, I went with the Mustang and LOVED it! I also have a bad back - surgery 10 years ago - The Mustang gave me about 17,000 comfortable miles on the Sabre - including a two week nearly 7,000 mile cross country trip last year - I just put one on my Voyager and my butt and back are very happy . . .

2011 Voyager ABS

Thunder Air Kit
Cobra Tri Ovals/PowerPro
Wrapped Headers
CB/Rear Speakers
SageBrush Designs Tank Bib
Kury TourTech Mounts
Chrome Psgr board bottoms
14" Rifle Windshield
WOLO horn
Russell Day Long seat w/backrest
Kury T/S mirrors
Avon grips w/Throttle Magic by RacnRay
Kury Phase 6 LED Headlight & spotlights

Ride Bells by Sabrehood brothers MinatourAce and Outlaw

Blue Knights VA II
Ride With Pride
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
For me, the Mustang is better than stock for 2-up riding. One negative is the driver position goes up and forward a bit, changing the riding experience. It's a good seat, but it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM

Garage
I have 2 steel rods in my back (scoliosis surgery in '98), and I just got a Mustang Daytripper. I enjoy it very much. It is much firmer than the stock seat, and so gives good support. I liken it to sleeping on a firm mattress (which I like).

You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

2011 900 Custom SE
Cobra Swept Exhaust - Black
Cobra PowrFlo Air Kit - Black
Cobra Freeway Bar - Black (painted)
Cobra Fi2000R
Kuryakyn ISO Grips - Black
Kuryakyn Contour Throttle Boss - Black
Mustang Daytripper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page