recall hostage - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

recall hostage

Well hello my invisible friends...Went today to pick up my 2009 (leftover/new) 900 classic from the dealer and was told "We have a small problem" Ok what is it...a small scratch in the tank that we'll repair for free ( no sh..! ) and come to your home next week and pick it up, bring it to our shop ( for hostage time? ) and bring it back. The scratch was very small and I considered their offer and was willing to let it go. But the wife wasn't letting that happen. So while finalizing the deal they drop another bomb and say they can't release the bike till the tank gets swapped out because of the recall Ok so that's the way it has to be ( not many options here for me if I realy want this bike ) Anyway they compromised to give me a Cobra sissy bar and deliver it to my home on thursday...So hopefully all's for good. But I gotta say the dealers reputations still good with me...It was a sh.. happens circumstance that so far they've made good on. ( I hope I don't reget my words ) but I at least have a lasting impression of the bike that was almost mine today attached to this post

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/z...urrent=008.jpg

Last edited by Amerimutt; 03-12-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerimutt View Post
Well hello my invisible friends...Went today to pick up my 2009 (leftover/new) 900 classic from the dealer and was told "We have a small problem" Ok what is it...a small scratch in the tank that we'll repair for free ( no sh..! ) and come to your home next week and pick it up, bring it to our shop ( for hostage time? ) and bring it back. The scratch was very small and I considered their offer and was willing to let it go. But the wife wasn't letting that happen. So while finalizing the deal they drop another bomb and say they can't release the bike till the tank gets swapped out because of the recall Ok so that's the way it has to be ( not many options here for me if I realy want this bike ) Anyway they compromised to give me a Cobra sissy bar and deliver it to my home on thursday...So hopefully all's for good. But I gotta say the dealers reputations still good with me...It was a sh.. happens circumstance that so far they've made good on. ( I hope I don't reget my words ) but I at least have a lasting impression of the bike that was almost mine today attached to this post

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/z...urrent=008.jpg
That is a beautiful bike...and you get the sissy bar thrown in...
Did you get my email?

Rod

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic (Zhaan)
OEM Windshield, Crashbars, Sissybar
OEM Slim Saddlebags
Crampbuster throttle control
Wagner BP1210/H4 headlight & 2357LL taillight
FIAMM Low tone horn
Homemade Lowers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Tank recall in '09? They had one for '07, too. Guess they can't get that right.

2007 VN900LT, red/titanium
OEM highway bars and luggage rack
OEM WS lowers
4.5 inch pull back risers
Kuryakin highway pegs
Stebel air horn
Utopia driver backrest on OEM seat
OEM gel seat for about town, and hauling grandkids
ISO grips
Jardine light bar
K&N air filter
Brakeaway cruise control

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the 07 leaked at the lines the 09 leaks at the filler cap... Thanks Rod but thats as close as I got to it... oh ya I replied to your email? ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Sounds like you've got a pretty square dealer, not may would have thrown in the sissy bar. Great looking bike ride safe and enjoy.

Sergeant Major/ Master Gunnery Sergeant U.S.M.C.
Veteran (many times over)
Patriot Guard Rider
2007 Vulcan Classic 1500
2007 Honda VTX 1800
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Yeah it helps sometimes to be patient and see the cards for what they are when layed down...but I'm still only on the flop here
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Congrats on the new ride, stuff does happen, whats important is a dealer that stands behind his product .... that says something about their future service after the sale has been made.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 PM

I'll have to look into this recall thing... I have a new-to-me '09 bought last week used from the dealer. Nice looking bike, Amerimutt. :]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks whiting57 but their not my local-wish they were. 40 miles away they had the only black vulc classic closest to me ( Cherryhill cycle world NJ ).....Thanks too ROFLOL, you may or may not have the issue. Go to the kawasaki web site and put your serial # in the search ( it's located @ the very bottom of the home page in small print) it should tell you it's status. However Iv'e seen responses from others here that entered their ser# and their bike came up good, but later got a letter advising the bike had to come back for a tank swap....Yeah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode