Vulcan 1-Winter 0 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Vulcan 1-Winter 0

Most impressed with my solar panel battery maintainer. It is a simple rig that mounts on my shed door and runs to the bike's battery with the provided pig-tail attachment. I bought it at Canadian Tire for 10 bucks...(regular 29.99). No electricity needed and the bike cranked over as fresh as a daisy. (It's been laid up from November till now, March). I started it twice, today being the second time. The panel maintains the battery, it doesn't charge it so the battery must be in good shape when you store it. That being said, it does a great job and I highly recommend it for those that don't have an electrical hook-up in their shed or garage. We've had a brutal winter here on the East Coast and I know if that gizmo wasn't working my battery would have been TOAST. Thought I'd write a quick review extolling it's virtues.
Regards, SH

2009 VN900 Classic LT.
Nova Scotia, Canada.
Cobra luggage rack.
Kuryakyn Grand Tourer luggage bag.
Kuryakyn air filter cover.
170/80/15 Metzler rear tire.
Fire and Ice passenger floorboards.
Stage 2 debaffle (screens left intact).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Good deal, this winter was rough hopefully that's all behind us now.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Would you happen to have the manufacturer's name and part #. Sounds like something I could use!

2009 VN900 Custom - VROC #32967 - Sportbike defector
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizh View Post
Would you happen to have the manufacturer's name and part #. Sounds like something I could use!
I would like to know also please.

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM

I found this charger at Canadian tire. I think it's the one that Breizh was talking about.

1W Powersports Solar Charger
Product #11-1894-0

Train hard, fight dirty...be humble.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post
I found this charger at Canadian tire. I think it's the one that Breizh was talking about.

Product #11-1894-0
Thank you sir!

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post

Product #11-1894-0
I wasn't "talking" about it, I was "asking" about it , but your response got me what I think will work: Sunforce 50013 1 Watt Motorcycle & Powersports Solar Battery Charger
, $18.99 with free shipping. There's also a 1.8W (50012) but it does not say whether it waterproof (which I would guess it would have to be!)... Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Breizh; 03-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizh View Post
I wasn't "talking" about it, I was "asking" about it , but your response got me what I think will work: Sunforce 50013 1 Watt Motorcycle & Powersports Solar Battery Charger
, $18.99 with free shipping. There's also a 1.8W (50012) but it does not say whether it waterproof (which I would guess it would have to be!)... Thanks!
Sorry guys for taking the time to post the relevant info.
This IS the product. I have the 1 (one) watt model as well. A word of caution...it has a one amp inline fuse that will blow instantly if you connect anything to the pigtail that attaches to the battery. It will only handle the solar panel. I guess that's why it has a 1 amp rating to make sure that no-one plugs in a heated vest to the attachment lol. The product can be used anywhere, anytime..even if your parked for several days....just plug it in and chuck the panel on the seat. It's a great non-electrical way to keep the battery maintained. I was quite surprised that it kept my battery topped up during our month long bout of -20 degree weather.
One con of the product is there is no way of visually checking to see if it's working.....a red led would have been nice. I guess the proof was effortlessly starting the bike after a 4 month hiatus.

2009 VN900 Classic LT.
Nova Scotia, Canada.
Cobra luggage rack.
Kuryakyn Grand Tourer luggage bag.
Kuryakyn air filter cover.
170/80/15 Metzler rear tire.
Fire and Ice passenger floorboards.
Stage 2 debaffle (screens left intact).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
This IS the product.
Good stuff, thanks! I've already ordered mine and one of my buddies ordered a pair for his yard tractor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode