Ordered a Batwing - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Ordered a Batwing

Ordered a Memphis Shades batwing this morning, as soon as it comes in I'll post up some pictures.

I ordered it from Bikerhaven, first time using them so we'll see how it goes.

Got the fairing, mounting kit and 5" windshield for 374.90 shipped, I think it's a good deal very excited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Top Contributor

Im thinking of get one...I was looking at them on ebay, For the memphis batwing, your choice of windshield and color thay wanted 338.95 with free shipping, but there's other things i want to do to the bike before that come's into play. Can't wait to see the pics!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Lifetime Premium

Put mine on about 2000 miles past, from BikerHaven. Here's a pic. I wouldn't buy another MC without a batwing windshield. I can now ride down the road at 70 miles without a lot of head buffeting and still be looking over the windshield instead of through it...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I bought mine thinking that I would use it for the winter then take it off once the weather warms up. We've had a few warm days (70ish) already but I like it so much I doubt I ever take it off.

Congrats on the purchase! Can't wait to see some pictures.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Sweet, I have to go from Central Kentucky to Little Rock Arkansas during the last week of March. If the Batwing works out and the weather cooperates I may ride down.

Right now riding on the interstate is exhausting, but I'm hoping the fairing will change that.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Top Contributor

Just in case you want more pics...

Mine comes off whenever the weather permits (I consider shields a necessary evil for long and/or cold rides), but I wouldn't be without it.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM

I was also thinking of this ..looks great..wondering about the size of the windshiled though...they go as big as 12 inch..what size are you guys using and are you happy or wish you went bigger?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mine is the 9 inch and I am 5'10' tall. If I push it straight up, the 9" is too tall, as my line of sight is split right at the top of the windshield, but pulled all the way back, it is about an inch to inch and a half above the top of the windshield. I have the best luck with no buffeting with it pulled back as far as it will go towards the rider...... Love the whitewalls, are they Metzlers? Thinking of putting on a new set before the heading out for the Pacific coast in August. I have 12,000 on my regular Mets, as of now, and figure to change just before the big ride....:-))) Big grin!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting'..... “what a ride”!' George Carlin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa afterthought View Post
Mine is the 9 inch and I am 5'10' tall. If I push it straight up, the 9" is too tall, as my line of sight is split right at the top of the windshield, but pulled all the way back, it is about an inch to inch and a half above the top of the windshield. I have the best luck with no buffeting with it pulled back as far as it will go towards the rider...... Love the whitewalls, are they Metzlers? Thinking of putting on a new set before the heading out for the Pacific coast in August. I have 12,000 on my regular Mets, as of now, and figure to change just before the big ride....:-))) Big grin!
Thanks ...i was thinking at least the nine inch ...your info helps a lot...

Last edited by blockshop; 03-08-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bill, is that a custom seat? Where did you find it? Looks com-fee....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode