kuryakyn load eq - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

kuryakyn load eq

i am about to kill my self, trying to get front led blinkers to work, blinkers pods have a 3 wire hook up. I hook them up they dont even come on. so i get the ky load eq 4810 try to hook it up ever way i know how, the way they say and tryed ever other way lights still wont work, any advice or another way to hook this thing up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
hey... i HATED those load equalizers... they gave me problems left and right, but they did lite the bulbs up??? i had problems getting the blinking to stop on the other side, the one that wasn't supposed to be blinking?!?! (one side blinked fast, the other blinked slow... weird!! ... kuryakyn couldn't even explain it because i verified it was wired per their diagram AND i was using their led bullets!)

but... i went to my local dealer and picked up a set they had. i can stop in before the weekend and see if there is a part number on it because they get them from another supplier.

the only thing i can say is did you verify the lights even work? test them to the battery to see if they even come on... ...

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

yes they work

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

does it need to go befoe the realy maybe or somthing i dont know
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM

You might check the fuse if none of your signals are working. Since you have 3 wires a assume they are for run light, turn and ground. The load equalizer taps into the turn wire between the relay and the light. I still have cross talk issues even after installing diodes on indicator light.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

back are just blinking really fast, the fuse is ok, people who make the leds said they will only blink running lights anit gonna work, so i can hook the load eq up right by the head light
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:10 PM

I am not sure why you have 3 wires if it will only blink. I have the Kuryakyn Triple Whammy Run-Turn-Brake Light Kit on the back that has it's own load eq and I then I had to install another for the front that is in the head light. I had hoped I just need the one but when I installed LEDs in the front they flashed fast again. I haven't tried to unplug the rear one to see if the front was only need.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

i have the led intergrator in the back, I am trying to hook up led turn ones see here http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.asp?prodid=634712. They come with 3 wires just like the front turn singles, they come red blue black, so i go blk to blk red to red, and blue to the other wire on the bike, Now there are blinking really fast but u can baley see it, i call chromeglow and they said i would need a load eq, and this lights would only do the blinker fuction and not stay on as running lights, so i got the 3 wire load eq hook it up like said, ligts still dont blink, but whole real intergrator is blinking yellow. dont know it this helps but i really dont know what to do, i need to get these to work, like a dumb ass allready drilled in to my tree to mount them.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM

On this site http://www.customdynamics.com/knight..._light_bar.htm it says "Simply connect the black wire to any ground wire, the Red wire to your a existing power source and the blue wire to your turn signal." I believe the Green or Grey wire is the turn signal.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

i did that still wont work, that why i got the load eq and tryed to hook it up and still nonthing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode