5 yr warranty coverage????? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

5 yr warranty coverage?????

Does anybody know if the 5 year warranty plan will take care of repairing the Battery Charging system on the 900????

Hoaah! its an Army Thing

2006, 1600 Nomad
Patriot Guard Rider
Cobra Pipes
Custom Made Lowers
Engine Gard Chaps
Batwing Faring, Phillips Radio
LED Voltage Guage
LED Engine Lighting
Engine and Saddle Bag Flood Lights
Kuryakyn Footpeg
35K Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

I would say that the charging system should be covered .. things like the battery, light bulbs, tires etc are usually exclusions. Double check with your dealer first, but if its a cherging problem and not a battery problem, you should be covered. Dont know if you run a battery saver, if not , its a good idea, get the one that cycles the battery and does not just charge it.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
I would say that the charging system should be covered .. things like the battery, light bulbs, tires etc are usually exclusions. Double check with your dealer first, but if its a cherging problem and not a battery problem, you should be covered. Dont know if you run a battery saver, if not , its a good idea, get the one that cycles the battery and does not just charge it.
Its a brand new battery, i installed this morning. charged it to the letter before installing it. rode 2 hrs and stopped at a stop lite and died. did not even turn the motor over then. it was jumped and rode home 15 min. turned it off and wouldn't turn the motor over. One guy on the forum suggested it might be the stator or somthing like that. And I read that the 2007 models are known for that.
if its the stator, is that covered also?? thanks for the help.

also, what is a "battery saver"????

Hoaah! its an Army Thing

2006, 1600 Nomad
Patriot Guard Rider
Cobra Pipes
Custom Made Lowers
Engine Gard Chaps
LED Voltage Guage
LED Engine Lighting
Kuryakyn Footpeg
35K Miles

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaaah View Post
if its the stator, is that covered also?? thanks for the help.

also, what is a "battery saver"????
If its a stator, it should be covered under the warranty, i dont know a lot about them other than they usually die right after your warranty has expired.

This is a link for a battery saver.

http://cheapcycleparts.com/products/...ry-tender-plus

There are several different ones available, they can extend your battery life considerably...... I use one ALL year round, most dont, but it sure as well wont hurt it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
If its a stator, it should be covered under the warranty, i dont know a lot about them other than they usually die right after your warranty has expired.

This is a link for a battery saver.

http://cheapcycleparts.com/products/...ry-tender-plus

There are several different ones available, they can extend your battery life considerably...... I use one ALL year round, most dont, but it sure as well wont hurt it.
Thanks for the info on the battery saver.

NEXT, I just took the battery, after charging it, and put it back in the bike and started up just fine, of course. BUT the headlight did not come on. Bright or dim. I'm taking this as a bad sign. The engine is not producing any, or enough, electricity to power the headlights, it is. I will wait till tomorrow and check the fuses. But I doubt that is the case. What say you, any other possibilities.

Thanks again.

Hoaah! its an Army Thing

2006, 1600 Nomad
Patriot Guard Rider
Cobra Pipes
Custom Made Lowers
Engine Gard Chaps
LED Voltage Guage
LED Engine Lighting
Kuryakyn Footpeg
35K Miles
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM

A stator is covered under the extended warranty.

Beware however, if any aftermarket electrical accessories are on the bike, they will try not to cover it. They will try to say you taxed the system.

Somebody here was shot down because they had a Cobra light bar and not an OEM when the stator went out. Sound ridiculous, but that is what was reported.

My two cents
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

the headlight will not come on until the bike is running, its a battery saving design ... go figure.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM

I can personally atest to the stator being covered. Just a few months ago the stator on my 06 900 shorted. All repairs were covered by my 5yr warrany.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode