Scootworks Rear Pulley in stock... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Scootworks Rear Pulley in stock...

In case anyone cares...

They emailed me back and have them in stock, RAW and POLISHED.

I was thinking of doing it instead of the front pulley... i know it is quite a bit more expensive but it pushes the tire back some and if i put the 200 on AND lower the bike 3" it will help a lot.

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Top Contributor

Get both at the same time. If you only use one the difference is so minimal and you still will end up looking for that 6th gear. That will probably be my x-mas gift to myself.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black
Garage
IMHO, you would be much further ahead getting this Scootworks pulley from Meancycles rather than directly from Scootworks.

Meancycles

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
'09 900 Custom SE on the Darkside
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classtom View Post
Get both at the same time. If you only use one the difference is so minimal and you still will end up looking for that 6th gear. That will probably be my x-mas gift to myself.
You know, I have a couple of guys that cussed us all for using just the front. "What do YOU know about putting bikes together? Don't you think them engineers know nutting?" they used to belittle me. I asked one of them if he had the European or American gears in his 2000. "American" and he let it drop at that as for some reason the same bike in Europe has taller gears, just like we're doing to the 900. Oh, we're not stepping it up as much as the 2000 but then the 2000 is quite a bit more motor. At least I always think that's why he never opined again on the subject. That's why I asked him. He may of just wrote me off.

I'm happy with the front scoots pulley and don't need more. Others might need more while others cuss the idea of anything and still more go for the bigger tire without doing any pulleys.

If he has the money, he could buy both, see how he likes it AND if it's too much, take the front off and sell it. Scoots is probably out of stock already, they'll get more in but they fly out the front door as fast as they come in the back.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Helek_52
Meancycles does not have any in stock... according to the email they sent me (at least a 1-2 week wait).

ClassTom
You are missing the point... I am happy with riding my bike UNDER the screaming RPM speeds, I am looking to do the pulley mod to move the tire back so it looks better... but will also gain some RPM relief while riding on the highway AND it will be polished so adding looks.

Not as many people do the rear pulley because of cost. I am willing to overlook the cost to get added looks (polished) and get the tire moved back some while gaining about 6% RPM drop...

'02 Drifter 1500

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I don't trust Scootworks, jagered. They may be telling you their in stock, but i'll bet they're not. If Meancycles doesn't have any, they're not available at Scootworks either. I'd still go through Meancycles. The pulley is cheaper, there will be no shipping cost, and they won't charge you until it ships.

Scootworks will take your money immediately, charge you for shipping, and feed you full of crap about why they haven't shipped it yet.

Again, i strongly suggest NOT making your purchase through Scootworks.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagered View Post
I am willing to overlook the cost to get added looks (polished) and get the tire moved back some while gaining about 6% RPM drop...
I agree with you, I am looking at a pulley change over the winter, and I believe that moving the rear back a little will look better than moving it forward.

Someone here also posted info on a rear pulley from a guy named Myron that looked pretty sweet. I am considering this as well, as it is chrome.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
thanks helek... i agree, i do not need the pulley right now so why not wait and save even more money!

DAN - if you find anything more about the Myron pulley let me know... may be a winter mod for me as well!

'02 Drifter 1500

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
IMHO, i think Myron's pulley is better looking than Scootworks.

I'm also agree with you guys. Had i had the cash to buy a rear pulley, i would have opted for that... i like the idea of moving the wheel back also. Maybe in the future?

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode