hard start then fi light on at idle???? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

hard start then fi light on at idle????

didnt want to start today fi light flashing
when finally running at stop lights the fi light would stay on unless i revved
any ideas? going to call dealer but i thought someone here would know something!! thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 AM

do you have the idle turn down low?

2010 Vulcan 900 Custom SE
Kawasaki Cafe' windshield
Kuryakyn front Axel Caps
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM

I had a similar issue...had a weak almost dead battery. Problem gone once battery was charged overnight.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

well thanks guys idle seems ok and batt starts right up when i said hard start it cranked fine just didn't want to fire up... brought to the dealer there keeping her overnight they hooked up to the computer for the fi light but no codes stored the service advisor saw the light on when he rode to the back but the light never came back on for the tech .... they are thinking possibly the power comander is crapping out???? any thoughts
hopefully they will find something and soon weather is great and i bought her 5 days ago!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins View Post
well thanks guys idle seems ok and batt starts right up when i said hard start it cranked fine just didn't want to fire up... brought to the dealer there keeping her overnight they hooked up to the computer for the fi light but no codes stored the service advisor saw the light on when he rode to the back but the light never came back on for the tech .... they are thinking possibly the power comander is crapping out???? any thoughts
hopefully they will find something and soon weather is great and i bought her 5 days ago!!!!!!!!!!
Always possible the PC is giving problems. Easiest thing to do is disconnect the PC and go back to OEM connections at the fuel injectors. Try it again.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
ditto with the PC... are they easy enough to disable without having to remove all the connections?

also on the battery... use a meter at idle and see if you are getting around 13-13.5v... if not your idle is too low. i had that problem and my idle still seems to be flakey and changes from ride to ride?!?!

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagered View Post
ditto with the PC... are they easy enough to disable without having to remove all the connections?

also on the battery... use a meter at idle and see if you are getting around 13-13.5v... if not your idle is too low. i had that problem and my idle still seems to be flakey and changes from ride to ride?!?!
The tank will either have to be lifted at the rear or taken off to get at the two connections to the fuel injectors. Once the PC connectors are removed from both the OEM injectors and the OEM plug-ins the original plug-ins can be reinstalled on the injectors. The rest of the wiring to the PC can be left alone until it's figured if the PC is causing the OP's problem.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
gotchya... i put mine on without lifting the tank but did take the air cleaner off for easier access... tank would probably be less of a hassle if i need to get to them in the future!

'02 Drifter 1500
... just an awesome ride!

'08 Custom-ized
Candy Lime Green
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Top Contributor

Tank is no hassle, less then 5 minutes. Pull speedo unplug the fuel sensor and over flow, remove coil cover unplug fuel pump, unclip and remove fuel line, unbolt the back of the tank and lift. Reverse to put on, the tank is just barely harder to take off then the seat.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys and i will DEFINATELY 100% follow these to see for myself when i get back just got off phoe with dealer got code for secondairy throttle position sensor he adjusted and went for a test drive
i'll keep posting as they keep me posted
hopefully this is all the bugs i have to work out!!!
thaks again this forum is great!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode