Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere near Parkville, MO
Had a noise so I went looking, since I had the bike up, and I had tipped it over a couple months ago and hadn't noticed BUT had pretty much emptied my overflow bottle, I figured I might as well change antifreeze. Took the tank off, took the cap off, put a bucket under it and let it out. Since the tank was off, I hooked my heated glove controller up to the bullet connectors that sit under the tank but are a pain to get to thanks to some add-on fuses that are now in the way. The belt was running towards the motor on the front pulley. I pulled it off and inspected it but couldn't find any problems. Put it all back together, still was rubbing a bit. Then I got a weird idea, the settings were a little looser then they used to be so I tighted the belt up a bit. Hey, now it's tracking right and the noises are all gone. Guess you CAN get it too loose.
I changed the oil about 250 miles ago so I didn't need to do anything there. Put it all back together and took it for a test ride. Next chance I get I'm going to change the fork oil, the front end is just gotten too soft anymore, dives in braking, rares up on acceleration. I should order some progressive shocks, maybe I'll do that first.
Other than that, I got up, did some muffler swapping on RC airplanes and headed out to the RC field where I mowed for about 3 hours which I had planned on mowing, but not quite this much. Didn't get any flying in but I got the strip and 3/4ths the other areas looking good. Hopefully I can get back out tomorrow, finish up the mowing and do some flying. Then I came home ran the Weadeater on the fence line and buried a line that runs voltage to my electrical fence.
3 hours of piddlin on the 900, that was nuttin. But now, with the grand-daughter headed over for babysitting till about 5 tomorrow, I think I should have gotten a nap in.
Last edited by MrClean; 09-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.