My $35 passenger floorboards :))) - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

My $35 passenger floorboards :)))

I ordered some universal mini floorboards off fleabay and they came in today. I knew they wouldnt fit without some modifications so here is what i did.

I set the floorboards on the passenger pegs and clamped them eyed them up as best i could to level and drilled a small pilot hole through both sides(pegs are hollow so this isnt very hard. I had to make sure and keep the drill as level as possible so that the bolt would go thru straight and the boards wouldnt get all cattywompussed. I left the rubber on for some extra padding under the boards.

I got a bit frustrated at first but after i got started it really was no big deal.

The boards came chrome plated and i scuffed them up and painted them with some high temp flat black paint but it has already started to flake so i guess i am going to have another go at it. Priming them first them trying to paint them with my gun and see if that works.

Here are few pics, this is a great cheap way for some passenger floorboards IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Top Contributor

Try this stuff from Rustoleum. I used the gloss black on my Jeep rims and it hasn't come off even through some pretty rough mud and rocks.

I scuffed the rims up with sandpaper, cleaned them well with a damp rag of mineral spirits, taped off the rims and then painted. I did about 3 coats over a few hours one afternoon. Then (and this is important) I let them sit for a couple days. This stuff takes a while to cure properly, but once it does it is stuck for life. I have used it on several projects from tire rims to refinishing my grandad's old Craftsman tool box. So far, this stuff is just grand.

Rustoleum link

PS- The floor boards look great!

'07 VN900 Classic
Horsepower is an illusion.
Torque is the source of all good things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode