Vulcan 900 Stator Removal Guide?? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Vulcan 900 Stator Removal Guide??

Anyone have a link, pdf or guide to exactly how to remove the stator on a nine? I'm not exactly a mechanic here, and while trying to get to my stator it seems like I will have to remove alot of other items.

I've already removed the floorboards and now it looks like I will have to remove the front pulley as well to get the regulator plug out. Is this correct guys or am I looking at this all wrong?

dum vita est spes est - While there's life, there's hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Top Contributor

No, you are not looking at it wrong. Per the Service Manual, you have to start with draining the oil, removing the floor board, alternator outer cover, front pulley cover, crankshaft sensor leads, left side cover, tool box, and ingition switch. I had a Nissan one time that you damn near had to pull the engine out to tighten the air condition belt. Sounds like the same Japanese guy designed this stator setup. Sorry, if I am the harbinger of doom. Good luck.

'07 VN900 Classic
Horsepower is an illusion.
Torque is the source of all good things.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Pirate View Post
No, you are not looking at it wrong. Per the Service Manual, you have to start with draining the oil, removing the floor board, alternator outer cover, front pulley cover, crankshaft sensor leads, left side cover, tool box, and ingition switch. I had a Nissan one time that you damn near had to pull the engine out to tighten the air condition belt. Sounds like the same Japanese guy designed this stator setup. Sorry, if I am the harbinger of doom. Good luck.
I obtained a manual tonight and I see exactly what your talking about now Actually this doesn't seem as bad as I thought for disassembly, much easier than removing the drive pulley and stuff.

dum vita est spes est - While there's life, there's hope

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Whine whine whine. Just be glad you're not pulling the stator on the 750. On that bike you've got to pull the engine (or at least tilt it).

R
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 AM

Let us know how it comes out. With the stator problems on this bike, a good write-up may be a "Sticky" thread candidate!
I'd think about ordering a gasket - not sure which one but I believe I read somewhere else that Kawi dealers don't usually have this item in stock.

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode