refound love, hello! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

refound love, hello!

Apparently this is my first post on here but guess I made a log on and forgot. My bike was sitting in my garage collecting dust unregistered for almost a year til last week. I decided to clean her up get her registered and save some gas money. Man o man did I forget my first true love, riding.
I stopped riding due to me getting stationed from SC (fun riding roads out there) to coming out here to over populated San Diego, CA. So had to wait for my bike from the shipping company and had to find a place to live and then was scared shitless of the freeways and cagers on them. Then plenty of other things interfered stopping me from riding then I got a lil obsessed with my VW. But hey now I'm back.
Any ways enough of my lost ways and on to the 08 vn900lt.

current mods:
Cobra pro hp 2-1 pipes
kuraykn hypercharger pro r
cobra crash bars
PC3
Gutted my stock seat and stuffed it with memory foam

Next mods:
front overdrive pulley on order
Attempting the gas gauge fix this week
going to find a better fuel map must be running rich I can smell it
whitewalls
HID
scootworks Lowering kit
front light bar
fabbed oem windshield (too big)
breather filter
grips
mirrors
hard bags
bag protectors
custom speedo plate
phatrisers II
passenger floorboards
pegs for engine guards
new wheels
new paint
lightvisors
and whatever else eventually comes along.

Last edited by VicFlo; 09-05-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cruiser331
I have both a 2008 900LT and 1600 Nomad, I'll be honest the 900 is my favorite to ride.

Now much to my chagrin they were involved in a multiple hit and run. Nothing to serious. The Nomad windshield was scratched which led me to find this site, http://www.7jurock.com. Turns out they make a lot of replacement shields and they are very reasonable. Here is the link to the 900 LT windshield page. He sells them in OE and custom sizes. Prices start at $100.

As far as the bags go, how soon are you planning on replacing yours? I need to buy new ones but I am willing to buy used ones, interested in selling yours?

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT hued in Luminous Polaris Blue and Atomic Silver ~ named T'Pol ~
Having left space dock for another home planet, a 94 Vulcan 750, named Surak, Wine and Black Cherry
Recently added a sweet 2008 Nomad to my Vulcan galaxy, she is RED and BLACK named T'mere
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 11:35 AM

oh I forgot to mention, chances are you are actually running lean and not rich.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT hued in Luminous Polaris Blue and Atomic Silver ~ named T'Pol ~
Having left space dock for another home planet, a 94 Vulcan 750, named Surak, Wine and Black Cherry
Recently added a sweet 2008 Nomad to my Vulcan galaxy, she is RED and BLACK named T'mere

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Lifetime Premium

thats a sharp looking ride, what type (brand) of 2 into 1 is that???

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM

windshield

Cruiser after reading your blog I remembered my trip to the local car glass dealer when I made my lowers that does windshields and mirror replacement. They do (which I'm sure most do) work with Lexan which comes smoke too, and they only charge $45 to make a duplicate of the original. They said many riders do this after theirs gets scratched and don't want to buy a whole new unit. I bought the slipstreamer 22" and will do that when the time comes.

2009 Black Classic

Mustang Seat w/Backrest
Cobra Standard Backrest with Luggage Rack
Smoke Slipstreamer Windshield
Lindby Multibar Engine Guards
Homemade Lowers
Wally World Running Lights
Stebel Air Horn
Vista Cruise Control
Scootworks Front OD Pulley
Stage 2 Debaffle Stock Pipes
170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire
Kury Run/Turn/Brake module
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
thats a sharp looking ride, what type (brand) of 2 into 1 is that???

It says Cobra Pro

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmer140 View Post
Cruiser after reading your blog I remembered my trip to the local car glass dealer when I made my lowers that does windshields and mirror replacement. They do (which I'm sure most do) work with Lexan which comes smoke too, and they only charge $45 to make a duplicate of the original. They said many riders do this after theirs gets scratched and don't want to buy a whole new unit. I bought the slipstreamer 22" and will do that when the time comes.
The place I mentioned CNC's all the hole etc. I think their price is fair for what they do.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

awesome thanks for all the sources and yep the pipes are cobra. the bags not in any rush, waiting to find a cheap set of used nomad bags that I can then fashion on to my bike. When the time does come around I will keep you in mind.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser331 View Post
I have both a 2008 900LT and 1600 Nomad, I'll be honest the 900 is my favorite to ride.

As far as the bags go, how soon are you planning on replacing yours? I need to buy new ones but I am willing to buy used ones, interested in selling yours?
I may be able to help you out, i am installing hard bags tommorrow, mine are OEM leather, used, mint condition, no marks, scratches etc. I do not have the original brackets though as i am using them for my hard bags. I am in the States weekly, 5 days at a time, so postage is not a problem, if you want you can PM me with your location, price ... i have no idea what they are worth, but i would rather help someone out than make a large profit.

Cheers Maurice

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
I may be able to help you out, i am installing hard bags tomorrow, mine are OEM leather, used, mint condition, no marks, scratches etc. I do not have the original brackets though as i am using them for my hard bags. I am in the States weekly, 5 days at a time, so postage is not a problem, if you want you can PM me with your location, price ... i have no idea what they are worth, but i would rather help someone out than make a large profit.

Cheers Maurice

Well that sounds good to me. I won't need the mounts because my LT also has them. I am not sure what they are worth used as I have not found any preowned ones online anywhere. I am sure we can hash something out. I am a PayPal user and prefer to pay that way. Once we hammer out a price you can create and send me a detailed PayPal invoice then I will send you the money plus shipping. My email address is [email protected] if you would like to email me there.

Feel free to send me some pics of the bags. Thanks Don

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode