Kawasaki Studded Gel Seat & MCE Engine Guard f/s - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to cruiser331
Kawasaki Studded Gel Seat & MCE Engine Guard f/s

MC Enterprises p/n 1000-49 engine guard / crash bar / highway bar, what ever you call it this is the piece.

Installed on my 2008 Classic LT last season (will fit 2006 - 2010 VN900 Classic and LT as well as the Custom) and is a nice looking
piece.

The bike was knocked over recently and the bar did it's job and saved the engine case etc.

This is used and has a very minor scuff on it, it is NOT bent.

Insurance is paying for a replacement so I am going to sell it at a great savings.

Retail price is $193.95, average online price is between $165 - $170 and I am asking $120 or best offer.

Sturdy 1-1/4" diameter heavy wall steel tubing combines classic good looks with tip over protection. Triple chrome plated for durable good looks. Convenient place to attach foot pegs.

Attached is MCE's pic, a pic with it on my bike and a pic of the "damage".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawasaki aftermarket "Fire and Steel" studded gel seat. I have used it for a couple months and it is definitely more comfortable
than the OE seat and adds better lower back support. The nice part it has a much cushier rear pad for the
passenger. The reason I am selling it is because I am putting the OE seat back on since I will only be using
this bike for trips under 1 hour since I bought a larger cruiser for long trips.

Retails for $265 and I am asking $200 or best offer. Email for more pics or questions.

I accept PayPal and if shipping is needed it can be arranged. I ship UPS only in the 48 states.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT hued in Luminous Polaris Blue and Atomic Silver ~ named T'Pol ~
Having left space dock for another home planet, a 94 Vulcan 750, named Surak, Wine and Black Cherry
Recently added a sweet 2008 Nomad to my Vulcan galaxy, she is RED and BLACK named T'mere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

I'd leave the scuffed up crash bar on and use the 190 bucks for heated hand grips so you can ride all year long......or some other widget...It will tip over again, guaranteed, if you keep it long enough. Just saying....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa afterthought View Post
I'd leave the scuffed up crash bar on and use the 190 bucks for heated hand grips so you can ride all year long......or some other widget...It will tip over again, guaranteed, if you keep it long enough. Just saying....
Well 1st of all I don't need heated grips because I have snowmobile gloves and National Cycle grip guards. Secondly I live in Erie County Pennsylvania which means I live in the snow belt and experience lake effect snow so really there is again no reason to have heated grips because all year riding would be impossible.

Also it didn't tip over or fall over. Some @ss hit and ran early in the morning my SUV which slid sideways into my Nomad (owned it 2 weeks at that point) which toppled over and knocked the 900 over.

So I am going to replace the guard anyway and someone will get a nice deal

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT hued in Luminous Polaris Blue and Atomic Silver ~ named T'Pol ~
Having left space dock for another home planet, a 94 Vulcan 750, named Surak, Wine and Black Cherry
Recently added a sweet 2008 Nomad to my Vulcan galaxy, she is RED and BLACK named T'mere

Last edited by cruiser331; 09-04-2010 at 07:03 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the inquiries however the seat and guard are still for sale.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

For anyone interested I could have these items (when paid for) shipped out as early as Tuesday or Wednesday Sept 8 & 9, let me know

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

FYI the MCE guard is sold, seat is still available

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Price Lowered on Seat, Crashbar sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser331 View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawasaki aftermarket "Fire and Steel" studded gel seat. I have used it for a couple months and it is definitely more comfortable
than the OE seat and adds better lower back support. The nice part it has a much cushier rear pad for the
passenger. The reason I am selling it is because I am putting the OE seat back on since I will only be using
this bike for trips under 1 hour since I bought a larger cruiser for long trips.

Retails for $265 and I am asking $200 or best offer. Email for more pics or questions.

I accept PayPal and if shipping is needed it can be arranged. I ship UPS only in the 48 states.

New Price on the Seat, $200 shipped and I accept PayPal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode