2 into 1 Exhaust - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

2 into 1 Exhaust

I have a 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE. What are you guys opinion on the best 2 into 1 exhaust for the bike or is there something else I should consider?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I was looking at fuggin fabrications S4 or S14, it is a great looking exhaust, but they never answer emails.

My next choice was hard krome's sideburner (which comes in black). great look but pricey.

I ended up getting a good deal on a used/scratch and dent cobra powerpro (not HP) from a member here... hope to install when the rain stops up here.

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTvulcan View Post
I have a 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE. What are you guys opinion on the best 2 into 1 exhaust for the bike or is there something else I should consider?

Thank you.
I have read that Roadhouse makes a fine 2-1. The "Outlaw" looks great but is expensive ($541 at phatperformance). I originally ordered one but I was looking at a 2-3 week wait for them to be manufactured.

Since I am a NOW kind of guy I purchased the Cobra Powerpro HP 2-1 for $420.00 off Amazon. I had it in 2 days. It looks great, performs very well, sounds good. The only downside may be volume. My bike is frickin loud now!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Top Contributor

I'm pretty happy with my Cobra 2 into 1 Power pro pipes. They were pretty loud when I first installed them, but after baffling them down, they sound relly great... Look prey darn good as well

Mark...Rollingbones
2011 Harley Road King FLHR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic (Sold)
American Legion Riders Post 383
Patriot Guard Riders
Sacramento Metro Fire CERT
West Fair Oaks Neighborhood Watch
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Top Contributor

What type of baffle did you use to quiet the exhaust down?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Top Contributor

It was the one from Smartpartz. I added just a tad of muffler putty around the baffle (optional) to assure a pretty radical tone down. Some like more loud while some like less. I go to work at 05:45 and can't be pissing off the neighborhood 3-4 days a week. The tone and volume are now perfect...

Mark...Rollingbones
2011 Harley Road King FLHR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic (Sold)
American Legion Riders Post 383
Patriot Guard Riders
Sacramento Metro Fire CERT
West Fair Oaks Neighborhood Watch
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, but I'm looking for black 2 into 1 with performance and looks. The HK side burners just look too big and gaudy. I was thinking of the Roadhouse Outlaws. Does anyony have any experance with them? Is there another black 2 into 1 out there that may be better?

Thanks
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 08:48 AM

I put a set of black Road Burner Velocity Pro 2:1 onto my '09 Custom SE and am very happy with them. They've been on for ~500 miles and I was trying to wait just a little longer 'til I did a total review. So far, my only complaint is that the paint was very thin on the head pipe assemblies. The paint on the muffler is fine, but another coat could've been put on the headers and heat shields. If it turns out to be a long term problem, I'll just pull the system and send it out to be JetHot coated.

The other downside is, as I understand, this system has been discontinued. So, finding them can be tough and I'm unsure on the long term availability of parts/support. There's not much to the system, so other than wrecking and trashing the whole system I'm not worried about it. The best price I found and bought from was a place called CycleWarehouseOnline on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-09...ts_Accessories).

-RW
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTvulcan View Post
Thanks, but I'm looking for black 2 into 1 with performance and looks. The HK side burners just look too big and gaudy. I was thinking of the Roadhouse Outlaws. Does anyony have any experance with them? Is there another black 2 into 1 out there that may be better?

Thanks
I do not know if these are better or not, but Fugginfabrication makes a 2-1 exhaust for the 900, available in black ceramic.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 AM

Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode